Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Share self-care

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
9VRTQ4d.png

Looking after ourselves can be surprisingly difficult!
Sometimes we don't have time. Sometimes we put others first. Sometimes we might not even think we deserve it.

But self-care is pretty important!

beb0fc3906576eb89dfaf707a24a3574.jpg

This thread is a place to share self-care tips and ideas. Whenever you're feeling low, frustrated and in need of some TLC, come here and try the tip suggested by whoever's posted last. Once you've given it a go, check back here and let everyone know how you got on. How well did it work for you?

Remember to post your own tip too so the next person can try it :)

So here's one to get us started:

My self-care tip

Go for short a walk.
While walking, pay attention to your surroundings - buildings, trees, the sky - it's amazing what you notice and how that can help clear the mind :)

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Really good thread :thumb:

Today I went on a walk, in the sunshine. I was listening to all the birds, and got some lovely photos. It helped clear my head, and the sunshine helped of course.

My self-care tip

Do some colouring or doodling

Turn your electronics off, and just get creative, see what you can create :thumb:

Have fun.

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    This thread is such a great idea.

My self-care tip is

To do some exercise whether it's just going for a quick jog or doing a pilates class from YouTube :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤