Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Fear of anxiety

Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
Hi my name is Shola and I'm 18 and I have an anxiety of things that I worry a lot about like still not going out alone that much and still haven't learned much skills which I would like to how can I stop having this anxiety?

Comments

• StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi Shola,

Welcome to the boards!

Thanks for posting this thread. Just wanted to let you know that I moved your thread over to the Health and Well being section as you might get more responses in this thread. Sounds like hard situation to be, you're doing a really positive thing by looking for some help with the anxiety you have and how to stop it. You were saying that you have an anxiety of things that you worry a lot about like still not going out alone, that sounds tough for you, how long have you been feeling this way for and have you been able to talk to anyone about this?

You were saying that you'd like to learn skills on how to stop having anxiety. It's really good that you're looking for some help. There's an article called 'Help me with my anxiety' that has some tips. There's also an organisation called Anxiety UK has a helpline and therapy services for people with anxiety that you might find useful.

Hope this helps! :)
  • Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Ok thank you very much I would do that then.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Sholay,

Just wondered how you were getting on? Did you manage to contact Anxiety UK?

I think I met you in chat last night too. Chat is on again tonight from 8pm if you'd like to come and talk :)

• Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Oh no I haven't yet but I might do whenever I might feel ready and I might join chat again but when it's not very busy so I can get an answer or reply straight away.
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    That's good to hear that you're thinking of maybe contacting Anxiety UK when you feel ready to, it's really positive to hear Shola :) You're welcome to come to chat whenever you'd like to - it's on every Sunday to Thursday from 8 :thumb: