Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Clear your worries by putting them into three categories

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

I stumbled across this article yesterday and wondered if anyone ever tried anything like this?

http://lifehacker.com/clear-your-mind-by-breaking-your-worries-into-three-cat-1766186655

It involves writing down all your worries and then putting them into three categories:

1. Active Concern
2. Maybe Later
3. Delete

The article gives some tips on what to do next too.

Be interested to hear your thoughts on it or if you try it out let us know how you get on :chin:

Comments

• Options
    I really like this idea and Imma definitely try it at this point in my life. I have to admit, I'm a bit wary though - I know what worries I should delete but I suppose it'll be a bit like the reacting and responding situation. Sometimes you could be reminded of it somehow, for example, and start worrying too much again. I really do love this idea, I just don't think it's as simple as it seems.
  • Options
    They do make it sound simple @butterfly123 don't they? But sounds like something about this idea appeals to you - perhaps could be helpful when worries feel really overwhelming for example, to help break things down...?

Let us know how you get on with it if you try it out :)
  • Options
    I'm not convinced. How do you decide which category everything goes in, also, I doubt I can just delete something so easily as it says, so then it won't achieve anything? well maybe a giant list of the many things that need doing rather than me actually just doing 1 of those things..
    Also, if it's just for worries then it's not that productive, you could have urgent things that need doing or just general jobs that need doing but your not worried about them. if you therefore don't put them into this worry system will you not then miss out lots of things that needed doing?
    I don't think I will be trying this, as much as I need better organising systems!
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    I did something like this in my initial CBT sessions, it makes sense- it's not easy letting go though!