Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What age do you have to be to start HRT?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

Hello! I've been wondering, what is the general age you have to be to start HRT? (T for me) I've googled it multiple times but I haven't been able to find any answers. I think I might have read that it's 15 in the US? But I don't know if it would be the same in Canada :confused:

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hormone Replacement Therapy, right? - I'm personally not to sure, however, I read an article stating that under 14s, can't actually consent to HRT, whereas their parent and guardian can do, on their behalf in Canada? - I would assume Canada and the US would have similar rules along that line though, - Not sure if this artice is helpful at all? - http://santetranshealth.org/jemengage/en/guide-contents/cross-gender-hrt/

Also the best apporach would be consulting your GP, who should hopefully be able to advise to futher on that scale. On another note, this is a UK based site, so most support offered, links, etc. Tend to be more UK based, however, we have members from all over the world, warm welcome to TheSite.org message boards :wave: