Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Workshop Sign Up: Mental health and the outdoors - Sunday 24th January 8-9.30pm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It might be cold and wintery outside but why not wrap up warm and get some fresh air?

Studies have shown that time outside can have a positive impact on our wellbeing and mood and actually change our brains! Even looking at a beautiful landscape can help us to feel calmer and be a great stress-buster.

Attachment not found.

This Sunday 24th January from 8-9.30pm we're running a live chat workshop all about nature and the outdoors and how it can benefit your mental health and wellbeing.

What will the workshop be like?
You'll have the chance to think about your relationship with nature, share ideas and get inspiration from others. You'll also learn how to get in touch with your senses when you're out and about and discover the activities and experiences that really improve your mood.

Who is it for?
Whether you're already a nature lover or you're looking for some motivation to get outside more - come along and join in this workshop. If you're currently suffering form stress, anxiety or depression then this might be a chance to try something new. Everyone is welcome :yes:

There are 10 places in the workshop -sign up now to confirm your place!

:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    This workshop is now half full, there are 5 more places left for Sunday night - do sign up if you'd like to come along :yes:

- Jo7
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    Hope to see those of you that have signed up to this tonight! We kick off at 8pm.

If you'd like to join us, there is still time to sign up! Or send a PM and I'll get back to you :)

-Jo7

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Hi Jo - i know this isnt for this but do you know whos doing support chat this evening?
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    jpeople111 wrote: »
    Hi Jo - i know this isnt for this but do you know whos doing support chat this evening?

I thought you were coming to the workshop ;)

I think SC mods tonight are Emily and Mike.

-Jo7

• Options
    Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Jo i was going to come to the workshop but im not okay at all so i think i would be better off going to support chat, sorry.
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    TheSite wrote: »

I thought you were coming to the workshop ;)

I think SC mods tonight are Emily and Mike.

-Jo7

Is it too late to sign up?
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    jpeople111 wrote: »
    Jo i was going to come to the workshop but im not okay at all so i think i would be better off going to support chat, sorry.

No worries :)

And @*BananaMonkey* - I have PM'd you

• Options
    Open :D