Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

describe your personal clothes style

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
(sorry if this has been done before, i did a search and couldnt find it though...)

....in a few words..........

i think mine, when im wearing my favourite outfits would be mixing femininity with a masculine edge-- normal looking clothes with one unusual item to add a bit of a twist to the look!

Comments

• Options
    PINK!

nah, i'm not really a girly pink sort of a person, but i do seem to have an unhealthy amount of pink/lilac/red tops in my wardrobe.

i'm probably a typical student sort of a dresser - comfy clothes. i try to be trendy but all my clothes come from places like Primark that I can afford :)
  • Options
    i would say relaxed alternative.

my wardrobe is full of baggy trews, tight t-shirts, hoodies, pink, denim, black, stars, strips and spots.

and i LOVE converse all stars. and army boots.
  • Options
    Hmm. I'm kinda trendy, with a slight punk/indie look about me.

Goddammit, I don't know really, lol
  • Options
    My clothes all have the highest factor of total Talness to them. Too cool!
  • Options
    I usually live in jeans and t shirt or a fleece, with either boots or trainers. At the moment I`m forced to wear jogging bottoms all the time and I`m beginning to loathe them. :mad:

Bah, I`m a total imposter in this forum. I stopped taking any interest in fashion when fashion was still big hair, off the shoulder tshirt-dresses, wide belts, a million rubber bangles and white stilettos. :blush: Ever since then I just buy clothes!
  • Options
    im not interested in the slightest in what happens to be in fashion...but i love clothes and making up outfits out of random things i have , and accessorizing them and everything!
  • Options
    I'm a very girlie girl. My outfits usually consisit of something pink!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Bah, I`m a total imposter in this forum. I stopped taking any interest in fashion when fashion was still big hair, off the shoulder tshirt-dresses, wide belts, a million rubber bangles and white stilettos. :blush: Ever since then I just buy clothes!

You're embarassed! I still think the 80s Dynasty/Miami Vice type look rocks! :blush: Moving swiftly on, until about three years ago I never bothered with fashion and just wore trackkie bottoms with a sweatshirt but then I just got sick of it. Now I tend to wear jeans or my combat trousers (I think they're combats anyway) with a t-shirt although I prefer dressing up like in trousers and shirt but I just feel overdressed like that, like everyone's staring - grrrr I want more formal stuff to come back into fashion. :mad: I also tend to rely on blue, white and black in my wardrobe because I'm colour blind and don't want to have a huge mess of clashing colours and those three seem to go together quite well.
  • Options
    funky
  • Options
    Kinda scruffy alternative-ish look. Like baggy jeans, funky t-shirts with spiked hair. Oooer.
  • Options
    I wear whatever i want really. Im a jeans person with tight t-shirt and tops, any colour really...i like quite unique stuff too.

Sometimes i can be quite girly in what i wear, other times not. Its quite hard really to describe my 'style' as i like loadsa differnt stuff.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kevlar85
    You're embarassed! I still think the 80s Dynasty/Miami Vice type look rocks! :blush:

Ooh! Crumpled linen suits and jackets with the sleeves pushed up! Highlights and stubble. Wicker shoes. What was with that?!!
  • Options
    Ooh! Crumpled linen suits and jackets with the sleeves pushed up! Highlights and stubble. Wicker shoes. What was with that?!!

Good thing I'm addicted to all these I Love the 80s type shows or I wouldn't have an answer to that! The suits were actually of cotton cos it's cooler - who says these shows don't teach you anything! :) They were crumpled cos they had to run around and wave their guns at the baddies, the sleeves were rolled up because it was hot and everyone thought it looked cool at the time! Highlights cos they were cool and stubble to give them the look of being out on a stakeout all night....

...Unfortunately even I lack an explanation for the wicker shoes! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by kevlar85
    Good thing I'm addicted to all these I Love the 80s type shows or I wouldn't have an answer to that! The suits were actually of cotton cos it's cooler - who says these shows don't teach you anything! :) They were crumpled cos they had to run around and wave their guns at the baddies, the sleeves were rolled up because it was hot and everyone thought it looked cool at the time! Highlights cos they were cool and stubble to give them the look of being out on a stakeout all night....

...Unfortunately even I lack an explanation for the wicker shoes! :D

I`m speechless! Fashion is inane enough without having an explanation for it too!!! ;):p
  • Options
    Intimidating :p
  • Options
    I`m speechless! Fashion is inane enough without having an explanation for it too!!! ;):p

I also learnt how to explain 80s womens fashion - these shows are so educational! ;)

- Shoulder pads = V shape = waist thinner
    - Big hair = increases size of your upper body = waist thinner
    - Big belts = elongates your waist = waist thinner
    - Stilettos = makes legs look longer = waist thinner
    - Big and lots of accessories, bright colours, fur coats = to hide your waist if the above didn't work. ;)
  • Options
    My style is eclectic. :D
    Mostly wear black, pink, purple and maroon/burgundy tops which are either plain or cool. And then jeans or my denim skirt. I am sporting my denim skirt now with my girl skater belt - oooooohhhh.

Meh just clothes though. But I have a lot of purdy clothes and 'skatery' clothes. And hippy clothes.

My cat is mieowing at me. Why?!? 'Cause she can see my boobies...or she needs a wee outside.

(this will be fun sober!!)
  • Options
    cute :flirt:
  • Options
    Funky, with a retro edge :)
  • Options
    Mines is different. I can be all 80s one day, Gap the next, army lass the next, and all dainty and girlie. I don't have one look. I mix it all in.
  • Options
    god that a tricky one, i guess its kinda urban/army with a surfy/punky vibe if that makes sense.
    that is when its too hot to get away with the suit jackets, love em
  • Options
    I usually wear baggy jeans, tight tops and trainers, but I sometimes wear a skirt and knee high boots. Depends what kinda mood I'm in I guess. I like customising my clothes, cutting 'em up, using material paint, safety pins etc. But with both of the types of stuff I wear, I usually make it a bit more interesting by adding accessories and stuff, like chain belts, head bands, and stuff I've made myself like sweat band type things made from legs off tights (sounds a bit cheap I know but I enjoy making my own stuff!)
  • Options
    Gothic. I tend to go for the glamorous gothic look, with long black skirts and corsets. Black Pinstripe trousers with black cleavage-showing tops. I guess I like black lol.
    I absolutely love my bright purple combats, which are the ones with all the strippy bits on them, but cut off...
    I live in platforms and own about 5 pairs of platform boots and shoes. I'm a big fan of New Rock and Swear shoes...
    If I'm feelin lazy I usually just stick on a pair of Levi flared jeans and a top, with a pair of greeby Vans.
    If I had to sum my style up in 3 words it would be vampy, glamorous gothic.
    Ooh and I love teaming my gothic clothes with gorgeous Alchemy Gothic jewellery :)

Ilora x
  • Options
    Er
    Well it's hard to say...I wear skate shoes, Ive got red DMs and purple ones, Ive got pink allstars, I usually wear baggy jeans or flares-I hate skirts/dresses...um. I wear fishnet, tight tees, farmer shirts, trendy jumpers, and other such random stuff. Ive got pink/blonde hair and a few piercings so I suppose you could say Im 'alternative'. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by vorni
    Er
    Well it's hard to say...I wear skate shoes, Ive got red DMs and purple ones, Ive got pink allstars, I usually wear baggy jeans or flares-I hate skirts/dresses...um. I wear fishnet, tight tees, farmer shirts, trendy jumpers, and other such random stuff. Ive got pink/blonde hair and a few piercings so I suppose you could say Im 'alternative'. :)

you sound like me :yes: :)
  • Options
    i like to call it stylish and a little revealing, and form fitting....other people like to call it slutty :flirt: lol
  • Options
    Personal clothes style? Probably kinda smart/casual. It's an oxymoron, I know, but I don't do jogging bottoms, trainers, tracksuits or sports gear at all. I'm the one who is always in high heels. I own lots of jeans, lots of different types of tops... I guess you could say I'm just normal. :p
  • Options
    jeans, t-shirt (someitmes fitted, sometimes not) leather jacket, adidas superstars... thats about it... every single day...
  • Options
    I'd say smart attention seeking.
  • Options
    UMMMM....... I hope im stylish, im a fashion follower, usually i dress by my music tastes. At the mo' im really into hip hop, so i tend to dress baggy trousers, t-shirts, sweatbands.

But i like wearing blazers with jeans, t-shirts and trainers.

I suppose im pop really, anything i like is mostly worn by popstars.

But one person who is my ultimate style icon is Beckham. I couldn't give a shit what people think, the man is the only style icon around these days for men.