Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

relationship problem and depression

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi all. first time on here. i would like help. i dont know what to do. my girlfriend has pushed way and not together as being depressed. as alot has been going on for her. her ex causing trouble and staff at work making advances at her. i dont know what i can do. i have asked a idiot question to her asking if she still loves me and she advised has and always will. i have advised i will be they for her. i have tried not to text her too much. i have advised that will wait for her. she has said part of does not want me to wait. is they anything i can do to help her?

Comments

• apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Hi ngeangelrei :wave:

Firstly welcome to TheSite Boards :)

Sounds like your girlfriend is going through a difficult time and it must be tough for you feeling helpless. It sounds like you really care for her and want to help. Sometimes all you can do is just keep reassuring her that you are there for her, even if she doesn't want to talk hugs can be very comforting. Is she receiving any support from her GP, if not you could encourage her to do so and offer to go with her for support?

Please don't beat yourself up, you have done nothing wrong- its likely her words were influenced by how she is feeling, and not a true reflection of her love to you. Perhaps she feels guilty and doesn't want to drag you down with her - maybe that's why she said she doesn't want you to wait.

These articles may be of interest to you :

Supporting others with mental health difficulties - http://www.thesite.org/mental-health...blem-6250.html

My Boyfriend/Girlfriend has Depression - http://www.thesite.org/sex-and-relat...sion-6069.html

Feel free to keep posting!

Amanda