Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

HELP! Emergency GP appointment (mental health) - So Scared

apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
I'm sooooo scared :(

Things are getting worse, I can't handle it! Phoned NHS24 (why did I do this?) and spoke to a mh nurse. She said I'm not fit to go to work today and that I need to make an emergency GP appointment.

I'm so scared of what will happen :( I'm so worried, have I just wrecked my life even more. Had to phone in sick to work, lied said I felt sick. Then I lied to my dad, saying I've got a sore stomach and not feeling well.

GP appointment isn't until 11:40, really don't know what I'm going to do! Have I made the right choice :( I'm so scared, worried my parents will learn the truth (I know they can't break confidentiality but I'm talking about from everything happening). Really scared , don't know what to do.

Comments

• Options
    Shit, I don't have any cash for a taxi. I'm such a mess can't take public transport or walk. Ughhhhh.......
  • Options
    Guess I could just get him to pass by a cash machine
  • Options
    What have I done :( !!!!!!
  • Options
    Shit, I have another problem. Phoned taxi and I didn't realise until she said my name, that it was my next door neighbours sister answering the call (she works at taxi place). I told her I was going to my doctors surgery, I hope she doesn't say "oh Amanda , phoned me for her doctors appointment the other day" . Don't think she will, but still scared
  • Options
    i know your probably thinking its only your next door neighbours sister. But my mum is friends with the neighbour, they go over to each other's houses and meet up sometimes. So my family know them well, and we often see her sister (women who answered phone) a lot in summer as they sit out in the garden!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hope all goes well.

Regarding your neighbours sister - there is some confidentially stuff.
  • Options
    Thanks melian!

That's good to know, didn't know taxi firms would have that!!!
  • Options
    Omg, the hard bits gonna be pulling it off to my parents that I'm not feeling well when they come home tonight
  • Options
    I feel sick with nerves :(
  • Options
    Everything is going to be okay. You did make the right choice because you said it yourself, "you're a mess" - and whilst I don't agree with that, it does tell us that you don't feel okay so well done for putting yourself first and being so brave.

Nobody will find anything out. If your parents find out you did go to the doctors then you could just say you were going for a check up as you told your dad your stomach is sore - but as melian said, a lot is confidential so I very much doubt anyone will find anything out.

Try to be honest with your GP - you deserve that, and remember you're in control.

I hope it goes well - do let us know *hug*
  • Options
    Thanks butterfly
  • Options
    I have another problem...... sitting in gp surgery, I'm early. Just found out the doctor I have- I hate. She misdiagnosed two serious things in my family members. She said I was lying about food poisoning as a child. This is shit
  • Options
    Fuck I'm in a disaster now with her
  • Options
    GreatGreat, now I find out she's running twenty minutes late so ill be waiting here until 12:00. Hope another doctor is early and can take me on!!!!
  • Options
    Fuck this, can't deal sitting here. I'm tense as it is and this makes me a whole lot worse
  • Options
    You can power through it - try and focus on your breathing.
  • Options
    How did it go? x
  • Options
    PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
    Hey apandav

You have been so brave today and you should be really proud that you have taken this step *hug*

I hope it went ok earlier. How are you feeling now?
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks for the replies everyone.

The GP referred me to get assessed by the CMHT so I got an appointment within 2 hours of seeing GP. Omg it was so scary. My therapist is a mental health nurse so she joined my appointment with the CPN. I'm so glad she was there, as she calmed me down a lot.

I then got introduced to another CPN who works the weekend phone line thing. They said that I can call the number, and can ask to speak to her (she knows more about my situation). They nurse who assessed me will be on the lines weekdays. So I can phone either of them or phone my therapist (when she's back from holiday).

So relieved they said they would normally send someone around to my house to check up on me at weekend but they said that they think that would only make me worse (as parents are in). So glad they said that!

Then I'm going back to CBT for next appointment I have, as for usual. It's in 3 weeks though as my therapist goes on holiday.

This was such a scary experience for me, but I feel a bit relieved that I have more support.

I'm not telling my parents though, I need to pretend I'm still "sick" to them as I'm not ready for work today, and they said I'm not well enough for it.

I'm really in so much shock at the moment, today's just been tough and so much has happened
  • Options
    Thanks Notagain :) you were so right!
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Well done for keeping going and getting the help you needed, it sounds like you had a really tough day *hug*
  • Options
    Yeah it was tough, Kate! Glad it's over with! Thanks for your reply :)