Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Issues post upgrade - tell us about them here!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Hey, the mark forums read button doesn't work. If I actually read a thread it vanishes from What's New, but if I click the button it keeps them all as unread. Ta!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks for flagging that nina! I've updated the title of this thread so that others can use it too to report issues.

We'll log that and get working on it :)
  • Options
    Thanks nina, we should have had you in the office with us! It seems to be working okay for me. Can you let us know what browser / device you are using?

Our tech team will start working through fixing these teething glitches tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Chrome on my laptop, I do have quite a small screen (13" I think) which can make things go weird, so it might just be me!
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Tapa isn't working for me, and on the main page (esp H&W) it is so long that the stripe changes midway through (see attached!)

Attachment not found.
  • Options
    ninaballet wrote: »
    And another, I'll have a whole page for you by tomorrow. This is when I clicked on where it says messages, the 2 things overlap.

This is happening to me too :(
  • Options
    Are email notifications still a thing? I used to find them really handy, I've changed my settings and stuff but I still don't seem to be getting email notifications through
  • Options
    Petrichor wrote: »
    So this whole general area is a bit of a clusterF on my screen :p Unless it's supposed to be like that, but everything seems to overlap/get in the way/not be visible properly.

I think it's like this for everyone, I know it's been mentioned a few times already
  • Options
    When trying to customize your theme, you can't actually click on the colour box to get different colours up
  • Options
    I'm having issues in that I no longer have the options of the smiley icons to put into thread replies and PMs. Ps I'm using Google Internet (possibly chrome) for mobile.
  • Options
    K-Dwagg wrote: »
    I'm having issues in that I no longer have the options of the smiley icons to put into thread replies and PMs. Ps I'm using Google Internet (possibly chrome) for mobile.

I'm having the same issue, it works fine on my laptop on chrome, but on chrome on my phone the option vanishes
  • Options
    I'm on mobile now and having a few issues - the menu in the top right has an x in a box - I assume it's meant to be some kind of character.

The rss sync is sitting over the text on the main page. Now to try and attach the picture!

Bug report 2: I can't put an attachment on the post - I select the file, it uploads and then I saved the post and there was no attachment?
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    I have a suggestion, change so it is like the old vision in violet wide, I liked that, and I know a few others who do too
  • Options
    Hiccup wrote: »
    Are email notifications still a thing? I used to find them really handy, I've changed my settings and stuff but I still don't seem to be getting email notifications through

This too!
  • Options
    Also, where you go to edit user settings (info), once you select 'save changes' the 'reset fields' button doesn't do anything. You can't edit your DOB once it's saved, either?

You also can't save any changes to said user settings unless you enter a DOB. "You must enter a valid date of birth" pops up until you do. Not sure if this is a bug though :chin:

The box to enter your birth year is so small you can't see the characters when you type them.
  • Options
    Petrichor wrote: »
    You can't edit your DOB once it's saved, either?

Shouldn't be getting your DOB wrong to begin with ;)
  • Options
    Hiccup wrote: »

Shouldn't be getting your DOB wrong to begin with ;)

Ha! I thought I entered it right, okay? ;) The drop down boxes seemed a bit dodgy.
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    On tapatalk you can't get pictures that people have put up
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I noticed that too Hann
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    It doesn't seem to let you multi-quote anymore, or maybe it's just me being stupid
  • Options
    If I'm browsing on my phone and not logged in, I'm not able to search for posts or see anything when I click on "what's new?"
  • Options
    ella! wrote: »
    If I'm browsing on my phone and not logged in, I'm not able to search for posts or see anything when I click on "what's new?"
    Also on my laptop :)
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Im not seeing any new posts since the upgrade, not on tapatalk or laptop

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    ninaballet wrote: »
    Also on my laptop :)

Even when logged in the whats new won't load or will be very slow to show new posts and threads.
  • Options
    Tapa is really slow to load generally, as well as new posts like Nina says!
  • Options
    plugitin wrote: »
    Tapa is really slow to load generally, as well as new posts like Nina says!
    Yet again, also very very slow on my laptop!!
  • Options
    In Sex and Relationships the threads don't seem to be in order of last posted?
    Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 18.30.54.png
  • Options
    Hey folks, really sorry for the extended down time. Our tech team our working hard to rectify the problems and do keep reporting bugs you notice :thumb:
  • Options
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Hey folks, really sorry for the extended down time. Our tech team our working hard to rectify the problems and do keep reporting bugs you notice :thumb:

The notifications section is still broken, the notifications all overlap each other meaning you can't see them properly.
    Tapatalk still doesn't work either
  • Options
    hmmm7 wrote: »
    I keep getting this message when I try to browse on my phone (iPhone 6)

This happens when you're not logged in, because your "What's New" section is essentially every post ever on the boards!