Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bush at war

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
[URL=http://]http://www.thefix.co.nz/comics/418.comics.1.phtml[/URL]
This is so true the only reason America goes to war.
p.s.
This was drawn by Chris Stapp the maker of the Television Master Piece BACK OF THE Y! :D

Comments

• Options
    don't get me started on Switzerland.
  • Options
    Sure you can say that about switzerland. But im infact Scotish(och aye) i simply live here. And i proudly went out in the streets of Geneva and protested the G8 and the war on iraq(that is called standing up for something).
    During the war the Swiss government stood up to the us preventing us bombers from flying over swiss airspace (also standing up for something)
    Just because i live in a country that is loaded with cash doesnt mean i got my fair share of nazi gold.
    Switzerland does not make money simply from Banking It has a massive Pharmacutical and chemical industry.

Oh btw there are actually 4 official languages
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    I deleted my own post because its something I think is better debated in person.

Switzerland wouldn't be a country without the US intervention in WW2.

You protested to keep one of the world's most brutal tyrants, and his very sick sons, in power longer. Glad you are proud of that.
  • Options
    LOL. you definitely need to go get a proper education in History pnj. Switzerland was neutral and under no threat during WWII and has been a country since well before that.

Knock off the jingoistic, uninformed BS. You absolutely nothing about any European country and it shows with nearly every post you make.
  • Options
    I knew you would post to defend Switzerland. It shows me that you are truly Belgian...part of the old Germany of 100 years ago. Of course Switzerland was under no threat from Germany. They laundered Nazi money...just as the launder money from they world's worst criminals today.

Being neutral regarding genocide is a viewpoint only the Swiss and Sweden wear as a badge of honor. Even little Norway fought the Nazis.
  • Options
    I protested the war on the baisis that it was completely illeagle and the postition the us and the uk took was to rid the world of threat for WMD. It was baisically a get rich quick scheme by bush and blair to attack the country with the largest oil reserves that arent currently under any stable ownership. Iraq is also being used as a stepping stone to threaten other arab countries it is only a matter of time before bush launches another war in time for the elections.
  • Options
    Ahh we have jocko back, not pnj at all. shouldve known from the absolute ignorance of the world contained in the posts.

No point even addressing any specific points then, the neanderthilic brain is incapable of absorbing knowledge or truth. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    And, you didn't care that the UN was doing nothing to take that tyrant out. You were o.k. with the murdering of Muslims. You were o.k. with the tortures. You marched for peace, and to tell Saddam that you were on the side of the UN, and especially the French and Germans, with him.

Not one sign in any march said one bad thing about Saddam. Not one. Had your protests worked, he'd be torturing people today.
  • Options
    you are making it out that those who protested the war were supporting saddam.
    Wake up.
    France, Germany, nor anyone in any march supported saddam in anyway. We did not believe war on the people of iraq was the answer to this problem.
    The motive of the americans was not to "LIBERATE" the iraqis it was to get to the oil.
  • Options
    Ginga, dont waste your breath on this imposter. He's a moron who thinks he has a clue about politics or world affairs from his obsessive adherence to such credible news agencies as Fox News and the NY Post.

Just let him rant on in his pathetically uninformed fashion. He hasnt the intellectual capacity to comprehend whats really behind all that's going on.
  • Options
    But the results...if you were successful...would have been to keep him in power. In no way was the UN trying to get him out of power. In fact, during the first Gulf War, the US was prevented from removing him from power from the UN. France was making a lot of money. The oil for medicines program money went through banks in Paris and Luxemborg.

I don't buy the oil thing. These people like Bush are already incredibly powerful and wealthy. 9/11 was the first event to truly touch their lives. This wealthy gang always went wherever they wanted to. The result of a Muslim/democratic Iraq will be less money going to groups out to destroy Israel and a greater chance at a Palestinian state...which will hurt Al Qaeda's recruitment. And Saddam would have given capabilities/materials to any group working to hurt the US. The war has also scared the Arab World into truly helping the US against Al Qaeda and turning over information/people. Read for yourself about Saudi Arabia's initiatives this year. They wouldn't have happened without the Iraqi war.
  • Options
    Ahh the clueless jocko or similar trailer park resident individual is back with us! :)
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    You protested to keep one of the world's most brutal tyrants, and his very sick sons, in power longer. Glad you are proud of that.

Whereas YOU kept the same brutal tyrant in and his very sick sons in power for decades first, and even provided him with horrible, US-made chemicals so he could gas his own people in peace. But that's okay, because at the time he was friends with Washington.

Your ignorance and selectiveness are astonishing. You make the real pnj look like the voice of reason! :lol:
  • Options
    Hey jocko - you have a go at France and Germany for offering financial aid to Iraq; don't forget who armed him. Why it was President Reagan's administration (which happened to contain one D. Rumsfeld) and Mrs Thatcher's government in the 1980s who were more than happy enough to sell him all his arms, including the chemicals he used to slaughter the inhabitants of that Kurdish town in 1988 (after which we still continued to sell him arms until Gulf War I). So while you're more than happy to attack France and Germany for providing financial aid; remember who gave him the arms he used against our armed forces in 1991 and earlier this year.
  • Options
    On the point of the US funding people. what about osama bin laden. His funds are from prodominantly AMERICAN sources.
    Guess what he goes and does with them. Bombs US embassies, Warships, World Trade Centers and one Pentagon. Money well spent by the US government it got people like you just where they wanted them.
  • Options
    LETS GET STARTED
    don't get me started on Switzerland.
    Why not you dont know enough about Switzerland's problems to start a disscusion but then within your very first post to change subject?
    Tell me what is wrong with Switzerland.
  • Options
    Originally posted by GINGA
    On the point of the US funding people. what about osama bin laden. His funds are from prodominantly AMERICAN sources.
    Guess what he goes and does with them. Bombs US embassies, Warships, World Trade Centers and one Pentagon. Money well spent by the US government it got people like you just where they wanted them.

Very true, (welcome to the site btw) the money for his training camps and facilities came from the Americans as a thank you for him attacking the Soviets in Afghanistan during the Cold War.
  • Options
    This idea that standing for nothing, i.e. being neutral, stands for something, is so twisted. When you don't stand for something...fighting the Germans in WW2...that speaks volumes. And I understand that you're a small country. So is Norway.

Also, the lack of acknowledgement that without the US and other Allied countries, both during WW2 and the Cold War, The Swiss wouldn't have their freedom to launder money is beyond ungrateful.

Now since your country joined the UN, maybe for once you will stand for something.
  • Options
    This idea that standing for nothing, i.e. being neutral, stands for something, is so twisted. When you don't stand for something...fighting the Germans in WW2...that speaks volumes. And I understand that you're a small country. So is Norway.

Also, the lack of acknowledgement that without the US and other Allied countries, both during WW2 and the Cold War, The Swiss wouldn't have their freedom to launder money is beyond ungrateful.

Now since your country joined the UN, maybe for once you will stand for something.

Thanks Kevlar

Your reference to my country is false i was born in Scotland which makes me BRITISH, NOT swiss or any other nationality for that fact, Im British.

I clearly stated in my response to your first post that SWITZERLAND( yes Switzerland) did not grant the US right of passage to bomb Iraq nor When the US intervened in Kosovo. Who set up the Red Cross? that very same organisation that helped in NY after 9/11. A swiss man. thats who. That is taking a stand to help people regardless of race creed age or sex.

Switzerland stands for peace and has so for over two hundred of years. The swiss have a very effeicent professional army and did so during world war 2 and also consripts every man over the age of 18 to do military service. The Swiss principles were founded by peace non war mongering people.

The swiss are not bred into thinking holy shit i havent gone into
    some 3rd world country and completely raped the shit out if it in the last five years better get the war machine going again. You are critizing them for this! WOW!
  • Options

On the contrary maybe being neutral means that they value the lives of their citizens enough not to throw them away on every meaningless little conflict. :lol: Don't make me laugh about the Americans and World War Two - you refused to get involved until the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbour despite pleas from us for help but you just sat back and waited until we'd fought off the Germans in the Battle of Britain and the Nazi offensive had been halted, just in case the Nazis won. Then when you did get involved you took advantage of our desperate state to effectively mug us with your lend-lease agreements where we borrowed money from you for the tanks and planes we needed to fight off the Germans which had us virtually bankrupt for a decade after the war, while you gave charity to our defeated enemies to help them rebuild their economies and economically overtake us, your ally who was still paying back your war loans. Learn a little history jocko, America has never got involved in a conflict on a point of principle, it has always been for self interest and greed.

As was said before - Germany wasn't going to invade Switzerland during World War Two because thats where they stored their money. The Soviets too wouldn't have invaded Switzerland during the Cold War - Switzerland is very mountainous and very well defended, hence its reputation for being secure. Also you don't invade a neutral country, that's part of the terms of war - although probably another one which the US government will flout.

I think the Swiss do stand for something, their neutrality says that they aren't prepared to risk their citizens lives, their economic well being and ultimately their nation over some silly little war that no-one will care about or remember when its over.
  • Options
    what about osama bin laden.

His money came from Saudi Arabia. In terms of fund raising subsequent to 9/11...Muslims who may have thought they were giving to a legitimate charity.

The Swiss had a standing army during WW2 alright. They stood by and did nothing. Maybe you are o.k. with the genocide?

Kevlar, WW2 history is well documented.
  • Options
    [B

Kevlar, WW2 history is well documented. [/B]

You know i wouldnt be suprised if your Government was manipulating those 'documents' as we speak.
  • Options

Kevlar, WW2 history is well documented.

Yes I know, that's where I got my information from. I suggest you do some research for yourself. A basic timeline would prove exactly what I said.
  • Options
    Being neutral regarding genocide is a viewpoint only the Swiss and Sweden wear as a badge of honor. Even little Norway fought the Nazis.
    do tell me if i am wrong but ...are you under the impression that swiss people come from sweden?
    it wouldn't surprise me.
    as for nazism ...europeans know only to well the horrors and are quick to act when they see its ugly head rising again anywhere ...
    that is why we hate your present administration. it is all so much like a repeat of the 1930's ...but on a much bigger scasle ...
  • Options
    No. Sweden is another country that didn't stand up to the Nazis.

Do you remember that Norway deliberately sank a ferry, filled with its own people, because Nazis had hidden a near-complete nuclear bomb on it. Norway played a major role and sacrified its people to fight in WW2.

And no one is going to come on the site and lie about the sacrifices most countries made and continue to make for freedom.

Plus, an opinion I have of the Swiss is that they didn't fight the Nazis because they knew Hitler viewed them as part of their chosen race.

By the way I've talked about being proud of being an English American. My ancesters are actually traced back to Scotland. And I'm proud of the character being an American has instilled in me.

I'm glad I'm on the site. Europe is bent and I'm here to straighten you out...by hearing another viewpoint if you don't feel like you know it all already.
  • Options

I'm glad I'm on the site. Europe is bent and I'm here to straighten you out.
    you are going to look so foolish when the truth is made obvious! oh hang about ...everything us 'anti american' saddam supporting thieves and vagabonds were telling you before the war even kicked off has turned out to be true ...and you still don't feel foolish. ok we'll put up with your idiocy a little longer and a little bit more as needed but ...at some point your going to have to hold your hands up and say ...'i was duped'.
  • Options
    No I think you're a good influence on me too MR. But I'm a good influence on people who weren't taught the truth about certain things or don't hear it in the bias of your media.
  • Options
    No. Sweden is another country that didn't stand up to the Nazis.

Do you remember that Norway deliberately sank a ferry, filled with its own people, because Nazis had hidden a near-complete nuclear bomb on it. Norway played a major role and sacrified its people to fight in WW2.

And no one is going to come on the site and lie about the sacrifices most countries made and continue to make for freedom.

Plus, an opinion I have of the Swiss is that they didn't fight the Nazis because they knew Hitler viewed them as part of their chosen race.

By the way I've talked about being proud of being an English American. My ancesters are actually traced back to Scotland. And I'm proud of the character being an American has instilled in me.

I'm glad I'm on the site. Europe is bent and I'm here to straighten you out...by hearing another viewpoint if you don't feel like you know it all already.

This isn't the real PNJ is it? If you're so proud to be on the site at least have the guts to get your own identity instead of hiding in PNJs.

The Swedes have a long history of being neutral, like the Swiss and given what happened to Norway in WWII it was probably wise they didn't fight or they would have been overrun and had to live under the Nazi jackboot. It's very easy for you to mouth off about how nations are cowards when your nation hasn't in living memory been conquered by a foreign invader.

Also if you had the remotest knowledge about the Swiss you would know that most of the country is not of Germanic descent, most of the nation is actually French with some native Romansch people and some Italians who outnumber the German population.

I didn't know being an American made you a stubborn cretin - explains a lot about President Bush! ;)

Europe's a damn sight straighter than your country at the moment Jocko, why do you think there are ever increasing amount of hatred all over the world, from Britain to Belorussia, Saudi Arabia to South Africa people are increasingly sick of the illegal, corrupt actions of your government.
  • Options
    Infact all americans living in america are infact invaders they came and stole the land of the native americans. Not only have they killed thousands of native american but they have ruined the land they used to live on. The Native American's culture in many places has been destroyed by the Invaders.

American is actually in a state of occupation. Send UN troops
    Liberate America
  • Options
    Funny joke.

You're the first Swiss person I've ever met.
    How cool is the Internet. :cool:
  • Options
    DUMBASS pnj
    The internet was actually pioneered in switzerland the first feaking email was sent from switzerland in CERN.
    If you took the time to read your cults pervious posts you would notice i am british.
    :lol::lol::lol: at you:lol::lol::lol::lol: