Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Y some Europeans are in denial regarding 9/11.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There's a silly theory, started in France, that the US Government attacked itself on 9/11. I won't go into the ignorance regarding the money lost by the wealthiest and most powerful people in the UK, America and Saudi Arabia to name a few, instead I want to discuss why some people in Germany, little Germany i.e. Belguim, and France have bought into this theory.

#1. European Muslims who view every other Muslim as a brother. If you view everyone else in your religion as a brother, you can't imagine him doing something that is against the teachings of Islam. I don't view all Catholics as brothers and sisters.

#2. European insecurity. In America, we talk about people coming to America. We don't see it as a choice against the country they left. My grandparents ended up staying cause friends were here and so were better jobs. Had nothing to do with how good the UK was or wasn't. But many Europeans seem to resent America for it and want to find or make up reasons why their country is better than America. Fact is, in the way workers are treated I think Europe is better to the workers who can find work. Trouble is, economies like the one in France are shrinking...even with the EU providing unfair subsidies to French farmers as compared to the rest of the members of the EU.

#3. Power envy. People who wish their countries/religion/ were as powerful as America resent America. While in America...no one thinks like that....that we are all powerful. In fact we appreciate friends like the UK.

#4. American creeps who exploit other countries/peoples. That includes corporations as well as American politicians who are selfish. It makes a ficitional theory written in France resonate as true.

#5 Racisim towards 80% White America.
#6 Disinformation by the European left...for it's own purposes.
That's the major reasons some Europeans are deluding themselves.

The causes of 9/11 are relatively simple. The CIA and FBI were weakened by liberals who, rightfully so, were worried about the rights of citizens...but hurt the intelligence gathering capabilities by restricting them, also the agencies didn't work together and weren't set up to fight terrorism. The terrorists were allowed to operate well in a free society with programs built to welcome immigrants and ease them into society. Saudi Arabia's promotion of Wahabbism...which preached hatred of America and the West in mosques every Friday and acted as a diversion from the fact that Muslims were poor in Saudi Arabia and other countries because the the Saudi family kept the money from oil mostly to themselves and other Arab countries' governments were/are corrupt. This religious teaching created the hatred that fed Al Qaeda. European anti-American and liberalism allowed the terrrorists to train and operate easily in Europe. Also again, the laws of open societies were used against them and ultimately America.

Comments

• Options
    Go do some real research for a change little man, your refusals to question the coverstory and your denials of the truth behind the spin you regurgitate so well are all your own, not those of an increasing percentage of the American public who are waking up to the realisation that what is passing for an "investigation" into the truth behind 9/11 is little more than a whitewash.

http://www.911pi.com/investigations_overview.htm
  • Options
    :rolleyes:

One small point...Its not a conviction that Europe is better than America but an attempt to show America that they are wrong in their assumption that America is better than everywhere else!
  • Options
    Well you learn new things everyday.

Thanks to the jock's record-breaking ultra-bollocks bullshit "post", I have learned that the maximum amount of smilies I can put in a single post is 10.

So, here you are jocko:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    I wont waste my breath on your other ridiculous points as they have been addressed ad infinitum and dismissed as nothing more than your failure to face reality.

You prefer instead to swallow neo-con jingoistic nonsense which excuses them of all their evident wrongdoings in the mind of an easily diverted and mentally incompetent segment of our population. You apparently fit in well with that segment, so enjoy your bliss.
  • Options
    May I add that at least you could grow the balls to get your own username instead of using other people's...
  • Options
    Clandestine - very interesting site that.
  • Options
    Even the families of the victims (US, jocko, not French) dismiss the Congressional Report (with its 10 or so pages blacked out to deny public scrutiny under the age old excuse of "national security") and demand an independent enquiry to unmask the truth.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/07/24/eveningnews/main565000.shtml

What we have is a process of backscratching going on amongst the elites so that the real parties responsible can merely pawn it all off on convenient scapegoats.
  • Options
    ******Jerry******

I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE OUTSIDE OF AMERICA THINKS OF AMERICA.

I CARE WHAT I THINK OF AMERICA.

And sooooooooooo...I think I don't want the Arab Word to see us as a nut-job who can invade at any minute. I want them to know the truth: that although all Americans don't welcome people from all races and all relgions...the laws in America do. So if a Muslim comes here, the law is on their side. And because that is a core American value...respect for all ethnicities and all religion...or no religions...most Americas would welcome Arabs...like any other group.

Don't you think the truth is better at protecting us then more guns and soldiers dying?

You don't have to beat people up to prove you are strong. Please remember that when you see me in September. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    What is going on here anyway? How many people get to use this username?

I would advise the real pnj- if such thing indeed exists- to change the password and kindly ask the others to sign up for themselves. Or if you are afraid of what they would do to you, get a new name and abandon this one.

Patience is running thin.
  • Options
    *****Jerry addition*****

But I am impressed that you are no longer saying "I hate those people" and picked up on Whabbism? Did you get that from me...the Whabbism thang?
  • Options
    Actually pnj, under Ashcroft and his new fascist police state the laws no longer guarantee any protection for ethnic minorities (as has been repeatedly demonstrated by false arrests and ruined lives throughout this Neo-Con "terrorist" witchhunt.

The judicial process in the country has long been flawed already but under this admin it has been plunged into a darkness deeper than that perpetrated by McCarthy and his gang on the nation in the 1950's.

Don't take slogans about "land of the free" as the guideline for the reality that they have systematically introduced under your very nose.

What we have with this brand of justice is places like Guantanamo which demonstrate how very much the same Bush and co are to the heinous despots they condemn. Different regime, same methods!
  • Options
    Actually pnj, under Ashcroft

Don't give up on us too fast Clandestine-baby. Parts of the Patriot Act are in the courts...and advocacy groups are more vocal than at any time in my memory...which doesn't go much past 9/11. The Democrats are making all of this a major campaign issue.
  • Options
    PNJ ...you have admitted before that your not old enough ...or aware enough ...to remember the clinton admin! all this hatred and fear of america ...wasn't there then. the fear started when it became a possibility that bush and his cronies ...might...might just win the white house. the fear factor rose when he did win the white house. the fear and uncertainty grew over how he won it. most of the reasonably aware people in the world knew beyond any shadow of a doubt that with this bunch in power there were wars and mayhem on the horizon.
    invading afghanistan was already being discussed on the bbc by pakistani inteligence before 9/11 ...because of the oil pipeline.
    the american people would not go to war for an oil company though would they? so along comes 9/11 and the ultimate excuse to invade afghanistan even though the attackers were supposedly suadis!
    the bush and bin laden families are and have been close freinds and associates in billions for many years.
    all the lies we told you , you were being fed about WMD etc etc etc have turned out to be just that ...a pile of horse shit.
    and on and on it goes ...and you still think this is all about WOT.
    you still think the world outside america woke one morning full of bitterness and jealousy.
    you choose to forget that the worst terrorist atrocity on american soil before 9/11 was oklahoma, which resulted in libya being attacked, thousands being killed by american might because YOU people had PROOF beyond doubt that it was colonel gaddafi ...turned out to be charlton hestons right wing christians who attacked their own country and people. the same kind of gun toting right wing christians who now rule america!
    ...and still you don't get why the world is becoming ever more anti american ...................
  • Options
    Btw, has anyone caught any of the series being aired late night on BBC "Holidays in the Axis of Evil"?

Some of the snippets Ive heard from the trailers of people interviewed by the journalist travelling through these countries are things that should get the most air time in the US itself. Maybe then the average person might better comprehend the real reasons behind the rising hatred toward the US and the West.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Btw, has anyone caught any of the series being aired late night on BBC "Holidays in the Axis of Evil"?

Some of the snippets Ive heard from the trailers of people interviewed by the journalist travelling through these countries are things that should get the most air time in the US itself. Maybe then the average person might better comprehend the real reasons behind the rising hatred toward the US and the West.
    you have blown it clan! you mentioned the evil BBC ...
  • Options
    ROFLMAO!

Ooooooooh.... shucks!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine

I'm just going to ignore 'pnj's' comment, but I will say that I believe whether or not the entirety of truth is ever revealed, there are people who know what happened and what is going on and so an extent will be revealed one day.

I saw a few of the holidays series, I think it was those in Cuba, Iraq and Iran. It was very interesting, definitely one to watch. Why Cuba is on the axis of evil, I do not know - they showed a group of men sat casually on the pavement infront of the one nuke the russians left behind. It's so dangerous it only separates the public by one metal fence....
  • Options
    I think that the general attitude towards Sept 11th only goes the prove the reasons behind it in the first place.

To quote John Doe in Se7en - "You can't just walk up to someone and tap them on the soldier anymore, you have to hit them in the face with a sledgehammer, then you have their complete attention."

However I question wether even that would get you listening pnjsurferpoet, and all those like you.