Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Uday + Qusay Hysteria

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Reuters

Isn't this just a total contradiction? Most of america + a lot of the UK were commenting on how disgusting it was for the iraqis to be showing dead soldiers on national television.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Hypocrisy has always been in abundance in the British and American governments. This was to be expected.

I would be very interested to see the US reaction if the next soldier to be killed by guerrilla attacks was shown on Arabic television. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    That's a valid question and it has come up in the American media as well. The conclusion is that the Arab World, much of which as you can read from postings on the site is still even in denial about 9/11 and requires proof that these two thugs- in- Muslim -clothing are dead. Their deaths may discourage well paid Baathists and terrorists arriving from Jordan and Syria from attacking US troops. Prepare for photos of them after they've been cleaned up to be shown as well.
  • Options
    The only ones "in denial" about what 9/11 was and who was behind it are people like you.
  • Options
    Such a good little Bush sycophant you are jocko. Don't think, don't learn, don't question anything youre shown.

Gullible to the end.
  • Options
    I did wonder about the likelyhood that peolpe in Iraq would actually get to see the Photos, not having great TV ownership or availability, so I suspect that Bush and CO are busy trying to convince most of the rest of the Western World rather than the Iraqis who they quite obviously don't really give a shit about!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Such a good little Bush sycophant you are jocko. Don't think, don't learn, don't question anything youre shown.

Gullible to the end.

LMAO!!!!
  • Options
    i think its pretty stupid.....i mean for gods sake its sick and anyone who shows pictures like that is a bit.... :s so i think both are in the wrong...but it is a little worse now as seen as british and americans felt so strongly qbout their soldiers bodies being shown.....i thought the governments would at least have some sense :/
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Expect properganda in any kind of war

blimey - thought you'd lot would know the media is the best way of getting a message across

but in a sense as sick as that :/
  • Options
    I'm still dubious as to whether it really is them. How fake do the heads look anyway? I read they "put them back together" with the help of morticians putty and no doubt one of the most expert people to do so. They could be any Iraqi simply made up to look like them.

Have they been formally identified by family or by means of DNA? Not that it matters - they'd lie and say it was anyway.

What makes me laugh is how they're asking for relatives to come forward and identify them. lol. "Hello we're related to Saddam Hussein." Bang bang - you are dead.

This war has been created by lies and continues to spew out lies and hypocrisy.
  • Options
    Sorry to piss on a few parades here but Amnesty International had no objection to this move.

As for convincing the whole world, I take you back a few months when I pointed out that the US were in a no-win situation now. If they say they have achieved something, then the cynics won't believe them. If they show pictures then cynics will either comdemn them for publishing them, or say that they are fabricated...
  • Options
    I think the opponents of this whole charade have had more than sufficient vindication in those ensuing months as revelations of outright lies have been more than adequately forthcoming.

You can hardly argue now that further claims by the conquerers are greeted with anything more than the utmost scepticism.

They lost the moral battle more or less from the outset.
  • Options
    It is hypocrisy but there are subtle differences between soldiers fighting for the freedom of Iraqis and the sons of Saddam Hussein.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    You can hardly argue now that further claims by the conquerers are greeted with anything more than the utmost scepticism.

I'm not.

I'm pointing out that the cynics will never get the satisfaction they seek, because by their very nature they will look for the holes all the time...
  • Options
    Well its no less than the warmongers themselves put every effort into doing, namely finding any pretext or opportunity to disregard the mandated efforts of the inspectors and have them removed so the bombs could start raining down.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    It is hypocrisy but there are subtle differences between soldiers fighting for the freedom of Iraqis and the sons of Saddam Hussein.
    However it wasn't just the sons of Saddam (brutal murderers and scumbags) that have been shown since the start of the war but the bodies of many ordinary Iraqi soldiers who at the end of the day were just fighting an invading army waging an illegal war of occupation and conquest.

For every picture of a 'paraded' Allied PoW shown (and that was a disgusting thing to do) there must have been 50 examples of Iraqi soldiers in PoW camps, or down on their knees with their hands on their heads, or otherwise surrendering. Not to mention the dozens of Iraqi soldier bodies gratuitously shown by the embedded journos littering the roads. Not many seemed to complain about this, or even about US soldiers machine-gunning cars that were trying to escape out of Baghdad and killing its civilian occupants live on TV.

But then, Al Jazeera was bitterly condemned by all the righteous press when it showed the bodies of Allied soldiers on TV. I mean, how dare they?
  • Options
    Uday and Qusay, ha ha ha.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Uday and Qusay, ha ha ha.

:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by duffy
    :confused:

What would you rather be called, Uday or Qusay?
  • Options
    Still sounds better than Rumsfield. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Still sounds better than Rumsfield. :D

In arabic Kuus/Qus means cunt. Qusay :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Oh does it? Okay, I take it back then. :lol:
  • Options
    In the US, on the whole, we saw no dead bodies from either side. Supposedly to protect children who might tune in. Trouble is...the impression is that war is very clean...and of course we know it's not.
  • Options
    Or because it doesn't help the US Govt cause to show that war means death... It kills the "videogame" approach they have taken to date...