Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ritalin

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heard about this drug on the news earlier, it has met with mixed concerns with different views on it, pupils take it to stay more concentrated and alert on the task at hand while others say it is being used as a way for girls to lose weight, anyone had any experiences on this drug?

Comments

• Options
    I've had a passing experiance with this, I cant say I was impressed, if anything it feels lower down on the chain than ethadrine. Its supposed to be quite good for kids with ADD, not sure about its usefulness as a weight loss drug.

I'd say unless you have ADD then its not worth the bother, certainly not something I would go out of my way to get again.
  • Options
    My friend had ADD, ill talk to him about it, never really heard too much about it before, im all curious now!
  • Options
    Its basicaly a amphetamine like drug, but closer to ethadrine than anything, but without some of the side effects of that.
  • Options
    My friends son was on Ritalin for ages but then she took him off it and he's much happier and better behaved. I think there is a tendancy to want to keep kids down and calm and doing it with drugs is easier for some parents than actually attempting to interact and hold discussions with their kids. Its shameful.
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    My friends son was on Ritalin for ages but then she took him off it and he's much happier and better behaved. I think there is a tendancy to want to keep kids down and calm and doing it with drugs is easier for some parents than actually attempting to interact and hold discussions with their kids. Its shameful.

thats one way of looking at it, and im slightly inclined to agree, but i have a friend whos ten year old may be on ritalin now i think of it and she (the daughter) does need serious help, as well as talking about things, and councelling, sometimes you need drugs, sometimes people need those chemicals because of an imbalance in the brain. Loads of different sides to the same story.
  • Options
    Exactly, I've heard that ritalin is somewhat over prescribed within the US especialy but in some kids there is a genuine medical reason for them to take it.