Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how do you normally wear your hair?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i guess this one is mostly aimed at the girls but boys can answer too.

what do you normally do with your hair during the day? leave it down? tie it back? or do you have short, get-up-and-go type hair?

i normally prefer to have it tied back, but i get bored of pony tails and try to do interesting things with it, but am not very good!

Comments

• Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Sorry, I seem to be flittering back n forth between every foum here (besides drugs .. I just say NO)

Just put some wax in my hair and just mess it up with my hands and that's it - pretty much the messy look and it's different every day :)

:yes: very nice!
  • Options
    I tend to let it do what it likes (it's pretty long), but if it annoys me I just scrape it back & try to control it with a band. It inevitably escapes tho :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I have it down 90% of the time

Edited to add: It's because if I have it up my big protruding ears show.
  • Options
    I usually wear it down, i only wear it up when my hairs annoying me gettin in my face and that or when im hot.

People say I should wear my hair up more cuz it looks nice, but i never do, cant really be arsed thou.
  • Options
    Down. I can't be bothered to do anything with it, unless it's really hot, then I just tie it in a rough bun thing.

I wear it up if I'm going out and fancy looking different, but that's not very often because I have it put up at the hairdressers rather than fucking it up myself.

And for work I wear it in a ponytail...with a hairnet :D
  • Options
    I wear it in this sort of tucked in pony thing most of the time, and down when I'm going out out. I have it in a low pony tail if I feel lazy. :p Ooh, and a sideways ponytail if I feel trendy ;)
  • Options
    I always wear my hair down, I never tie it back
  • Options
    I usually wear it up cos if i wear it down i have to spend ages straightening it, and hairspraying an all that crap cos its really thick and occasionally wavy.

And when its up i cant just have it in a normal boring ponytail :p Its always gotta be up weird!
  • Options
    i usually have mine up cos its easier but when i want to look nice i have it down :)....used to have it in all sorts of side parting ponytails and differnt pig tails wen it was long....but now its short and yeah up most of the time :)
  • Options
    Hair up. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    I usually wear it up cos if i wear it down i have to spend ages straightening it, and hairspraying an all that crap

yup same here!

i've got naturally curly hair so i have to decide in the morning if I want a straight or a curly day! sometimes i just run some serum through it and scrunch it dry. other days i'll dry and straighten it in sections but that takes forever. if i'm going to be staying inside for a while, i'll let it dry naturally.
  • Options
    Always down if Im out and about :)

I have it half up half down when Im dossing around the house, it's not long enough to put it all up :(
  • Options
    I have it down 99% of the time... I only tie it up if it's really doin' my head in. It just doesn't suit me tied back :)
  • Options
    I wear it tied back in a high ponytail or in a bun-type-thing held with grips and sparkly clips etc.

I only wear it down for special occassions because it takes me 40 minutes to straighten, even though it is only to my shoulders.
  • Options
    Ive got long hair, like half way down my back, although in my av it looks short but thats just my layers. I wear it down most of the time, it looks alot nicer down than up. :)
  • Options
    Question - why does a girl's hair now have to be straight to be worn down? Mine's always wavy, nothing wrong with that!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I wear it tied back in a high ponytail or in a bun-type-thing held with grips and sparkly clips etc.

I only wear it down for special occassions because it takes me 40 minutes to straighten, even though it is only to my shoulders.

Same here :) My hair annoys me if I wear it down while I'm doing everyday things - it drops in my face and tickles! It also has a tendency to get messed up easily when it's down (it's naturally very curly, but I straighten it most of the time) so it's easier to tied back and forget about!
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    Question - why does a girl's hair now have to be straight to be worn down? Mine's always wavy, nothing wrong with that!

Wavy hair worn down is sooo nice. Ahh. I wish I had nice hair... :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot

My hair is wavy and I hate it down. I just hate my hair wavy anyway. :)

Note: I said MY!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    My hair is wavy and I hate it down. I just hate my hair wavy anyway. :)

Note: I said MY!

Ja, I just find it's a common thing amongst girls other than me.
  • Options
    it's not the waviness i worry about. it's the frizziness!
  • Options
    i have short hair, so i can't really have it up.

sometimes i put the front bits in two ridiculously small pigtails, just cause i like it.

mainly it's down, messed up and occasionally with a clip or two in.
  • Options
    down about 75% of the time...depends if I can be arsed washing it!

today I have stolen my little girl's pink plastic hair band and it looks well cute
  • Options
    I either wear it up or down... Depends what kinda mood I'm in and how clean my hair is. If I'm gonna have it down then I'll put some of my mum's Tigi hair stuff in it (smells like oranges :yum: ) and if I'm going to have it up then I'll shove some of my brother's £1 shop gel in it

:D
  • Options
    Umm...well, if you're lucky enough to have hair that looks decent down, then lucky you! If I just wave a dryer at mine, it goes all frizzy and kinda curly and wavy and I look like a lion :(

I have some GHD straighteners, so either do it like that (it never stays as straight as it goes when I first do it :mad: ) or I just umm...well, lately I make it a bit curly and just shove it in a bobble. That's quite quick to do.

I used to wear my hair all scrunched and curly..might try that again :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Naturally, I have long wavy mousy brown hair with a centre parting.
    It's now dark brown/black and purple and very straight with a side parting, layered and feathered. I always wear it down... I have such a high forehead that I look like an alien with it all scraped back hehehe

Ilora x
  • Options
    my hairs naturally really wavy but goes into ringlets when its long, and as its shoulder length at the mo and i hate it so i straighten it almost every day and have it down

i sometimes have it all pinned up or have it pinned down in twists

or i put it in a crocodile clip if im being lazy
  • Options
    I have a side parting and a sweeping fringe over my right eye. The tips just touch my shouders and its layered all round and feathered at the front. Oh, and i'm a redhead :rolleyes:
    I mostly either wear it down and straighten it (its naturally straight but it gets a kink in it from wearing it up). Or i wear it up in a pony tail so its off my neck with my fringe left as it normally is...
  • Options
    I have naturally very straight hair, which is great, only it's really flyaway too, so i can't wear it up unless it's slightly dirty.

My hairdresser knows me well, when i say i want a low maintainence hairstyle, it means a hairstyle that i can towel dry then brush, and it'll be fine. I can't be doing with all this faffing about with hair!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    My hairdresser knows me well, when i say i want a low maintainence hairstyle, it means a hairstyle that i can towel dry then brush, and it'll be fine. I can't be doing with all this faffing about with hair!

I really wish I could do that!!