Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pain Relief

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Today i had a slight sore stomach so decided to smoke a bit, did and no more did i feel sick, what a pain reliever, i could only imagine what it does for medically sick people with sore muscles and the type of diseases, legalise this medicine.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Pain Relief
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Today i had a slight sore stomach so decided to smoke a bit, did and no more did i feel sick, what a pain reliever, i could only imagine what it does for medically sick people with sore muscles and the type of diseases, legalise this medicine.
    it halts glucoma. doesn't cure it but halts it.
    my uncle had miners lungs and by the time he was in his early 60's could no longer make it to the pub through being so short of breath. my cousin got him smoking weed and lo and behold he could walk to the pub! it dilates the bronchial tubes. it kills spinal, nerve and muscle pain. some people use it as an anti depressant.
    it increases appetite in various illnesses where the appetite is severely surpressed. it has been used to cure alcoholics. it was the medication that enabled me to recover from heroin addiction.
    the plant also makes the best rope in the world. the word cannabis comes from the egyptian word 'canvass'. the giant sailing ships of yore were driven by cannabis sails and a puff of wind. you can manufacture soap, perfume, food and or exotic oils and linaments. the waste ...the stem, can be turned into bio diesel.
    if you do a search around the web you should come across somewhere, a very interesting write up ...'cannabis ...the saviour of the world' ...or similar.
    the oil companies are frightened of cannabis ...so are the brewers and distillers, as are the major drug companies. it is such a marvelous plant that threatens these peoples money. if you can grow an excellent painkiller wich actualy has pleasant side effects ...
    once sown the plants need little or no weeding. little or no fertilizer. little or no pesticide.
    the magic herb. yet big government and big business keep it locked away from the masses with their propaganja ...er propaganda.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Pain Relief
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    it has been used to cure alcoholics. it was the medication that enabled me to recover from heroin addiction.
    the plant also makes the best rope in the world. the word cannabis comes from the egyptian word 'canvass'. the giant sailing ships of yore were driven by cannabis sails and a puff of wind. you can manufacture soap, perfume, food and or exotic oils and linaments. the waste ...the stem, can be turned into bio diesel.
    if you do a search around the web you should come across somewhere, a very interesting write up ...'cannabis ...the saviour of the world' ...or similar.
    the oil companies are frightened of cannabis ...so are the brewers and distillers, as are the major drug companies. it is such a marvelous plant that threatens these peoples money. if you can grow an excellent painkiller wich actualy has pleasant side effects ...
    once sown the plants need little or no weeding. little or no fertilizer. little or no pesticide.
    the magic herb. yet big government and big business keep it locked away from the masses with their propaganja ...er propaganda.

:yes:
  • Options
    I'm always somewhat wary of these types of arguements, big business's dont work together to try and take over the world and push down the workers, thats a very simplistic way of looking at it.

I dont see why brewers would be affraid of puff being made legal here, there are very very few people who are put off by the law as it stands, so the numbers of smokers wouldnt go up.

'Big business' influence is much greater in the US anyway because of the way that the polictical campains are funded and tax cuts are given out after elections. Where as here its different, I'm not saying that they dont have influence but the main reason that cannabis is illegal here is because people want it that way. I just think blaming it on business is a bit of a cop out, we need to change the general publics view of cannabis, not just bitch about the influence of business.
  • Options
    we need to change the general publics view of cannabis, not just bitch about the influence of business.

thats very true, i've heard people talking about others who are smoking cannabis saying "oh look look he's on drugs blah blah blah" technically it is a drug but its a soft drug and shouldn't get the bad publicity it gets sometimes from people who don't know what it is like.People shouldn't criticise what they don't understand.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I'm always somewhat wary of these types of arguements, big business's dont work together to try and take over the world and push down the workers, thats a very simplistic way of looking at it.

I dont see why brewers would be affraid of puff being made legal here, there are very very few people who are put off by the law as it stands, so the numbers of smokers wouldnt go up.

'Big business' influence is much greater in the US anyway because of the way that the polictical campains are funded and tax cuts are given out after elections. Where as here its different, I'm not saying that they dont have influence but the main reason that cannabis is illegal here is because people want it that way. I just think blaming it on business is a bit of a cop out, we need to change the general publics view of cannabis, not just bitch about the influence of business.
    for at least the last 25 years the brewers, the distillers, the tobacco compamies, the big drug and oil firms are the very ones who have funded negative research into the weed! they are the people responsible for the misinformation campaigns. it's not a cop out it's thge friggin hard facts.
    in the past the tobacco giants have looked at how they could package and sell weed if ever legal ...this was in the early 70's. politicaly it was the wrong time. they are now looking into it again as tobacco is getting such a bad press. ask the belgian government how much interest the tobacco giants are showing in countries where real reforms are being pushed through.
    i think your a little naive bong if you don't understand the massive turf and terrotry wars that go on with big legit bizz. how much power and influence they weild over governments. there are many reasons that dope isn't legal. the main funding to keep it that way comes from the above people ...do some research, you might be quite shocked.
  • Options
    for at least the last 25 years the brewers, the distillers, the tobacco compamies, the big drug and oil firms are the very ones who have funded negative research into the weed! they are the people responsible for the misinformation campaigns. it's not a cop out it's thge friggin hard facts.
    in the past the tobacco giants have looked at how they could package and sell weed if ever legal ...this was in the early 70's. politicaly it was the wrong time. they are now looking into it again as tobacco is getting such a bad press. ask the belgian government how much interest the tobacco giants are showing in countries where real reforms are being pushed through.
    i think your a little naive bong if you don't understand the massive turf and terrotry wars that go on with big legit bizz. how much power and influence they weild over governments. there are many reasons that dope isn't legal. the main funding to keep it that way comes from the above people ...do some research, you might be quite shocked.

that would be a brilliant thing to happen, *can i have 20 white widow*;)
    but do you really think it would be the right time politically now?
  • Options
    that would be a brilliant thing to happen, *can i have 20 white widow*;)
    but do you really think it would be the right time politically now?
    thats what mr tobacco has to decide i suppose.the tide is turning and the pressure is on. the opening of cafes and more importantly private clubs is putting more pressure on. people involved in the private club stuff are seriously looking into the anouncement made by the government regarding downgrading to class 'c. it was a very public anouncement which they went back on. operating a smoking club under class 'b laws and under class c' laws is very different. the arguments when the clubs are busted will be that the government made certain anouncements which people acted on by way of investment financialy. long term investment in such enterprises involves risks.
    turning a profit can all be down to timing. the clubs had to go ahead as early as possible in order to be open by jly 2003 ...the governments stated time for reclassification.
    yes the clubs would still be ilegal but ...certain court cases would have to follow to decide how ilegal. the whole thing is about pushing the ideas and the truth ...into the public realm.
  • Options
    opium-smoker.jpg
  • Options
    I wasnt saying that big business doesnt have an influence, it does but the best way for reforms of this nature to be gained is to change public opinion, so that the voting public ask for the changes, thats the way they will ever come.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I wasnt saying that big business doesnt have an influence, it does but the best way for reforms of this nature to be gained is to change public opinion, so that the voting public ask for the changes, thats the way they will ever come.
    exactly.
    and public opinion isn't going to change while the big boys keep up their disinformation campaigns. the only way public opinion changes is through pressure, information and time. it's taken 30yrs to get this far. now the public are seeing modern western democracys legalising or pushing through very positive changes.
    their seeing cafes etc spring up. there seeing cannabis in a more positive light.
    take the stockport cafe ...now closed down sadly ...not for long though ...the council were amazed at the tourism it brought in to the town. the police agreed it was very peaceful and violence and crime free. the last time the cafe owner was arrested the local mp marched into the police station and demanded they arrest him. for what they asked. he pulled a bag of skunk from his pocket and was arrested. this guy has never smoked in his life. respecatable local employer. respected man of the establishment all round. this kind of pressure keeps a positive flow of info to the public.
  • Options
    Im sure there would be a good tourism for it and people are hardly going to be violent at all, too stoned for fighting;) cafes can only be a good thing for smokers, are the cafes closing in Amsterdam?
  • Options
    are the cafes closing in Amsterdam?
    politics! some people are trying to close them. it could happen. i doubt it will. the cannabis laws across europe are slowly crumbling. there would be a lot of protest at the closures and not just from smokers.
  • Options
    politics! some people are trying to close them. it could happen. i doubt it will. the cannabis laws across europe are slowly crumbling. there would be a lot of protest at the closures and not just from smokers.

VERY BAD for the tourist end of things.
  • Options
    I can see why the residents of the 'Dam would want to put a bit of a hold on things there, yes it does attract tourists but not really the type that they would like, there are whole army's of lads just going there to get drunk and stonned.

I think that there will be tighter controls on the cafes to try and discourage the 'lad' element somewhat. I good thing too if you ask me, if we are going to move towards sensible drug policy then cannabis needs to rid itself slightly of the negative image it has.
  • Options
    if we are going to move towards sensible drug policy then cannabis needs to rid itself slightly of the negative image it has.

:yes:
  • Options
    I think thats what dissapointed me about the 'Dam most I think, its a beautiful place, but, well its been soured by the type of tourist that the prostitutes and cannabis have brought.
  • Options
    but wouldn't you think that with most of the 'lads' being so stoned there wouldn't be much violence or bad things going on.

too stoned for it ;)
  • Options
    Yes, partly, there is certainly not the problems that stag nights cause in somewhere like Prague or Dublin, but they are still relatively unpleasant people.