Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

vaginal health

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what could it be when a sexuall active woman who does not use protection during sex has a smelly discharge, itchiness and slight pain?
could it be that i wash too much?
Or could it be something serious like an STD/STI?

Comments

• Options
    please somebody reply :crying:
  • Options
    Sounds like thrush... or maybe cystitis... although cystitis doesnt normally cause itchiness.
  • Options
    It sounds like thrush, but no one on here can make a diagnosis for you. Sometimes if you wash yourself with fragrant soaps etc that can muck up the pH balance of the vagina and cause thrush. But since you've said you haven't been using protection, I'd get you and your partner/s checked out.
  • Options
    Tsk, you can't even spell my name with a capital, my gyno can! :p
  • Options
    Re: vaginal health
    Originally posted by oh dear
    what could it be when a sexuall active woman who does not use protection during sex has a smelly discharge, itchiness and slight pain?

i know this really isnt the issue, but it concerned me. why arent you using protection? you are putting yourself at very high risk for pregnancy, and STIs, as well as HIV/AIDS. as you already perhaps think you have an STI, you know how worrying and distressing the not knowing can be. dont put yourself thorugh that, its not worth it, as contaception is so easy to obtain and use. there really is no excuse.

sorry if this comes across as a lecture or anything, im not meaning it to be, im just worried for you.
  • Options
    Re: vaginal health

This should help you

http://www.thesite.org/info/sex/stis/so_you_think_youve_got_an_sti_(std).html

but please get it checked out ..sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    Re: Re: vaginal health
    Originally posted by paperdoll
    i know this really isnt the issue, but it concerned me. why arent you using protection? you are putting yourself at very high risk for pregnancy, and STIs, as well as HIV/AIDS. as you already perhaps think you have an STI, you know how worrying and distressing the not knowing can be. dont put yourself thorugh that, its not worth it, as contaception is so easy to obtain and use. there really is no excuse.

sorry if this comes across as a lecture or anything, im not meaning it to be, im just worried for you.

Its ok ive been working on the whole introduction of protection thing for a while now i'll get there in the end
  • Options
    Originally posted by go_away
    Tsk, you can't even spell my name with a capital, my gyno can! :p
    yeah but he's fit :naughty:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: vaginal health
    Its ok ive been working on the whole introduction of protection thing for a while now i'll get there in the end

yeh, but while youre 'getting there' you could fall pregnant or catch an STD. does your bf refuse to wear a condom or something? you really need to start looking after yourself. contraception is not something that is worked into a sexual relationship, it should be there from the beginning
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: vaginal health
    Originally posted by paperdoll
    yeh, but while youre 'getting there' you could fall pregnant or catch an STD. does your bf refuse to wear a condom or something? you really need to start looking after yourself. contraception is not something that is worked into a sexual relationship, it should be there from the beginning

I agree with that it should be there from the beginning but its hard to introduce it now and he hasnt refused to wear a condom-it just hasnt ever been mentioned and im scared to bring it up because of reasons i can't disguss on here.
  • Options
    Nothing is more important than your health - please look after yourself.
  • Options
    Well the itchiness and smell has got better after only washing with water for a week but now i have developed something more scary than before :( its kind of a swelling at the end of the vaginal canal (the bit which you can see from the outside) it doesnt look inflamed but it hurts and kind of sticks out what the hell could it be ????????
  • Options
    1. Stop wondering about it and just go to your GP or local GUM clinic or at the very least contact one of these...

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Helpline: 0845 3101334

2. Stop having unprotected sex, get clued up about contraception here and talk to your boyfriend. If you can have sex with each other, and be that intimate then you should be able to discuss the small but important matter of preventing babies and stis.

Take care of you

Susie :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Just go and get yourself checked out, it is so much better than sitting about wondering what could be wrong, I've just been through it and once I plucked up the courage to ring the GUM clinic, it all went fine, the staff are well trained and treat you very well, there's nothing to be scared about. It's very nerve-wracking but once you've done it, you'll feel so much better because if there is something wrong, they can treat it.

Good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    lol... that's funny, just realised I replied to a post that's soooooooooo old... ah well, these things happen:lol:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah you did. You made a right fool of yourself.

Don't do it again!

:p
  • Options
    I'll try my best. I'm no fool though, may act it from time to time :p lol
  • Options
    Originally posted by Madgal99
    I'll try my best. I'm no fool though, may act it from time to time :p lol

Don't worry, It happens to the best of us!

(except me cause I'm fucking perfect!)
  • Options
    lol... that's funny, just realised I replied to a post that's soooooooooo old... ah well, these things happen:lol:

how do you not realize? it obviously wasn't on any recent pages.
  • Options
    I did a search and came up with loads of results then when I was reading them, forgot they weren't recent, simple mistake.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I did a search and came up with loads of results then when I was reading them, forgot they weren't recent, simple mistake.:rolleyes:
    yep it's an easy mistake to make!
    but look at my post!! how shameful!
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    but look at my post!! how shameful!

Be ashamed, very ashamed.

:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    Be ashamed, very ashamed.