Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how hard to get?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi
i have just got into a new relationship, but i am unsure of how easy to be or how hard to get to be?
any help wud be really useful!
thanks, dave!

Comments

• Options
    Im not sure if i know what you mean but if you are talking about being a bastard to her then dont be too hard.Becuase my girlfriend used to be very hard to get because she liked leading on boys and we had a massive argument about it, cos i cracked becuase it was so annoying! But she soon changed!
  • Options
    sorry, i should have made myself more clear, i mean i dont want to be too easy cos then he may get bored, like a case of 'the more he gets the less he wants' but on the other hand i dont want to be too hard to get cos then he may just lose interest and stop tryin if u see what i mean?

any more help or advice please?

thanks,

dave.:confused:
  • Options
    Why don't you just wait and see how things go. Only do what you feel comfortable with. There are no hard and fast rules.

I'm from Sunderland too!
  • Options
    unrelated to the original point...I hate it when people play hard to get :mad:

it's like...you don't want to appear too keen..but then you don't want to act like you don't care...argh :confused:
  • Options
    Re: how hard to get?
    Originally posted by ilovehimso
    hi
    i have just got into a new relationship, but i am unsure of how easy to be or how hard to get to be?
    any help wud be really useful!
    thanks, dave!

Dont take this the wrong way please, ans slap me if im being dumb, You dont have to answer but are you gay at all?

and to your answer, just relax and go with the flow, take it easy, dont rush. Make them a part of your life, not all of it and let it grow into what it can be. :D
  • Options
    Re: Re: how hard to get?
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Dont take this the wrong way please, ans slap me if im being dumb, You dont have to answer but are you gay at all?

I was thinking the same thing but was too scared to ask!
  • Options
    if you don't know the role your playing then don't act.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: how hard to get?
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    I was thinking the same thing but was too scared to ask!

:D Theres me, big mouth, goes ahead and asks anyway :p
  • Options
    what makes you think i am?
  • Options
    what makes you think i am?

cus your real name is dave
    and your siteian name is 'i love him so'
  • Options
    lol, well there is that! no i am not gay, i am jst a bit curious, and i made this account a while ago wen i used to like this lad, n i jst avnt got round to makin a new one or owt so im still usin this one!

but i wud say i am more bi curious than bi or gay! i still like girls!
  • Options
    lol, well there is that! no i am not gay, i am jst a bit curious, and i made this account a while ago wen i used to like this lad, n i jst avnt got round to makin a new one or owt so im still usin this one!

but i wud say i am more bi curious than bi or gay! i still like girls!

and you said him when you was talking about the person in question
  • Options
    did i? damn lol, and i was trying to be careful and mysterious!

where did i say him?
  • Options
    sorry, i should have made myself more clear, i mean i dont want to be too easy cos then he may get bored, like a case of 'the more he gets the less he wants' but on the other hand i dont want to be too hard to get cos then he may just lose interest and stop tryin if u see what i mean?

any more help or advice please?

thanks,

dave.:confused:

sorry HE and u cant pull the wool over our eyes :naughty:
  • Options
    lol, well i guess not!

however, theres always the chance that you's could have seen some of my other posts and that may have given it away also!

il have to be more careful in the future :p:eek:
  • Options
    lol, well i guess not!

however, theres always the chance that you's could have seen some of my other posts and that may have given it away also!

or you could jus not hide the fact your gay,
    sorry i mean bi-curious.

thesite is the best place to be 100% you.
  • Options
    lol, well i guess not!

more careful? yeah right, if you didnt wanna be found out you wouldnt have been luvvy :p theres no such thing as an accident ;)
  • Options
    lol
    mayb not :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    unrelated to the original point...I hate it when people play hard to get :mad:

it's like...you don't want to appear too keen..but then you don't want to act like you don't care...argh :confused:
    Why don't you just be yourself?! :confused:
  • Options
    omg how annoying are blokes?? ive just started seeing a guy and he is..wow..god of fitness.. anyway im trying to give him space coz i know that guys dont like girls who get all suffocating n text n call all the time, not when they first get together. but it drives me nuts!! i look at my phone n think 'just fuckin text me u wanker!!' and i have to try my hardest not to text him because it'll be like he's the one in control. im hoping this will change tho when we get to know each other a bit better.

so i know what u mean 'ilovehimso' about how far u take it with bein hard to get. u cant be too needy n u cant be too distant, ya just have to strike an balance, which is easier said than done!
  • Options
    if I was myself, I think I'd appear a bit too keen at times :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    if I was myself, I think I'd appear a bit too keen at times :(

are you female? because the majority of girls can seem too keen. we like attention and to know we're wanted and being thought of. like girls will do anything to be near the bloke she likes..yet blokes just seem so laid back about it all!
  • Options
    Don't play hard to get. Don't play games. You're talking about a relationship here, not a game of tiddlywinks. It's not a game, and there are no rules. Just go with the flow.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Don't play hard to get. Don't play games. You're talking about a relationship here, not a game of tiddlywinks. It's not a game, and there are no rules. Just go with the flow.

Mr_Wobble ;)

hey mate!

thanks a lot, out of all the replies iv had this 1 is probably the most helpful!

really appreciate it!

cheers. :D :cool:
  • Options
    hey mate!

thanks a lot, out of all the replies iv had this 1 is probably the most helpful!

really appreciate it!

cheers. :D :cool:
    Bollox you wanker, thats exactly what I said like on the first page :rolleyes:

:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    are you female? because the majority of girls can seem too keen. we like attention and to know we're wanted and being thought of. like girls will do anything to be near the bloke she likes..yet blokes just seem so laid back about it all!

Yeh, I'm female.

Men (or ones I've been...associated with..) don't seem to get the fact that I like to know where I stand. If they're all nice and stuff one week, and totally off the next, they don't understand why I get concerned :(
  • Options
    yeah i agree....the best thing is to be mature about it, if you like them alot then show them that amount of attention....if they dont like it, they can lump it! if they like you back the same, they should really like the attention!

but im being a hypocrite...i hate giving the guy the control, i like to be in control and i dont like to be the one texting or calling more often, or paying him more compliments etc! i dont feel comfortable giving too much of myself to someone, or show them that im really interested, ( fear of rejection??!!) but it depends on the individual, if you feel comfortable with it, show her as much attention as she deserves! or him? sorry im confused with their sex, but whatever, its the same for either sex!
  • Options
    do what you feel is right if you come on to hard he/she will let you know or should and if your not trying hard enough same thing will happen

p.s i think every one in life goes through a stage of bi curious, but never admits it part of growing up.