Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

*confused*What going on?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone, i haven't been around this place for a while, but i thought id ask for a bit of advice with a situation i'm in a the moment, ok here goes..

i met this boy nearly 2 months ago now who i kind of 'knew of' before hand as he is quite popular and he is also aparently a bit of a player where he lives, which is why i always said to myself not to get involved with him but i think ive started to fall for him and i don't think i should :no: but i can't help it! i did say to him everyone thinks your a player but he laughed and said he really aint like that at all he just seem to give people the impression he is, and i wernt sure of him at first but he is quite shy with me and sometimes finds it hard to try it on with me.

anyway my best mate is going out with his best mate so thats how we kinda got talking and he told my best mates he liked me and i told him i felt the same, so weve all gone out together quite a few times when we are alone he says to me he likes me but i don't show i like him that much, but ive tried to make it pretty obvious that i really do.

The problem is although he says he likes me he goes and meets a girl that my best mate knows sometimes and she rings him up etc and ive asked him if he likes her and if anything was going to happen between them but he says that he thinks shes nice but he doesnt feel right with her and nothing will happen and that he likes me, also he split up with his long-term girlfriend about 9 months ago now but ive found out he 'occasionly' goes to meet her just for sex,

all this is messing with my head because i don't want to be involved in all this mess and my mind is telling me i should just forget him but everytime i see him and he tries sweet talking me my body falls for it! now i really don't no where i stand woth him at all as he tells me i'm the one he likes can anyone help me by giving me some advice as to what i should do and how i should try to get him out of my head :( thanx for anyone who does reply because i really need to sort my head out :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    lol oh well know one replyed! well if anyone can reply and help me out il'l be very grateful, i just need help :confused:
  • Options
    Okay, well as no-one else has replied, I'll just say what I think after reading your posts. I think you should listen to your mind - you know he's a player, you know he probably uses the same charm on all the girls except you've never had it up close so much because your best mates weren't dating before. Remember he's still seeing his ex for sex, if he was that interested in you he'd be chasing after you and not going to his ex for a quick shag. I think he's more than happy enough as a player to be honest and it's his loss. If you do decide to go for it though just keep your eyes open although I think if a little voice is telling you not to get involved then you should ask yourself why you think that.

Not brilliant I know but hope it helps you sort your head. :)
  • Options
    Thanks Kevlar85,
    yeah i suppose if he is just shagging her then he can't give a dam about me that much, even thou he has tried getting it of of me but i'm scared of just being one of those 'shags' which i aint going to be! i know i shouldn't get involved because he is a player and he probably aint going to change, but its something about players that gets people :rolleyes: il'l take ya advice it was helpful thankyou very much :)

anyone else can feel free to coment :)
  • Options
    all this is messing with my head because i don't want to be involved in all this mess and my mind is telling me i should just forget him but everytime i see him and he tries sweet talking me my body falls for it!

You've answered yourself here hun. You're in no way definite that hes worth it. You sound like you're worth so much more than what it seems he'd be offering you which is nothing stable and with the probability of him playing away with his ex. I agree, i think you should listen to your head (what does your heart tell you?) as it might be best. However, if you feel you just have to go with it, then good luck and if it is what you fear, well we live and learn.
  • Options
    Sounds exactly like someone i know. He led me on and i made the mistake of chasing after him. Then i realised what he was really like. Its true, players can be very attractive...but think very hard about getting involved because you are bound to get hurt. Its happened to me a few times and its not very nice. Personally i reckon you are worth a lot more than he seems prepared to give.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, yeah i know Lady T, i don't think he is worth it but theres still that something that makes me want him. My heart is telling me different things because when this all started i felt really good when i thought about him and my heart was all over the place, but then i'm like that i fall for people too easierly.
    Fairy thanks for the advice too, seens as your speaking from past experiences, yes players can be attractive and thats why its harder for me to get him out of my brain. seems as though i'm always being attracted too or attracting players
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ...this guy sounds good, i need to take lessons ;)
    Sure you might be another notch on the bedpost, but whats really so bad about that???
  • Options
    Originally posted by icey
    ...this guy sounds good, i need to take lessons ;)
    Sure you might be another notch on the bedpost, but whats really so bad about that???

Because i'm not in it to be another notch on his bed post, i'd rather be more then that.
  • Options
    well sorry to say it then but if he really is a player (and it sounds that way) then i doubt you will be able to be more than just a notch to him. not unless you're willing to wait for a few years until he gets bored of playing...
  • Options
    Yer if you have already totally fallen for him then it isnt a good idea. You have to be detached otherwise.
  • Options
    Yeah i see what you mean icey and Fairy, i'm probably not going to be much more to him then just sex, i'm going to have to keep thinking this then maybe il'l stop liking him.
    argh but why do i always have to meet players :rolleyes: