Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cleaning out my closet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering.. If you gay/bi and you told your family that you were.. how did they react?

I know if I was gay and I told my mum or dad I think they would go into one big time.

Comments

• Options
    I aint told mine, and I got no intetnion of doing so in the near future.

But then I don't do gay relationships, and seeing as my sex life is none of their business, it's not an issue.

Different for everyone though.
  • Options
    My Mum would be fine if I was gay, my Dad said he wouldn't mind he'd just never want to meet my partner! I think it's an ago thing.
    Even if your parents are Homophobic, then their children should be more important than narrow mindedness.
  • Options
    I don't think my Mum would mind. As long as I was happy in a relationship, then she'd be happy, regardless of whether it was with a male or female.

My brother on the other hand (who likes to act like a Dad to me) would probably have a problem with it, cos he has a problem with me going out with boys, let alone girls :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i asked my parents what they would do if i was a lesbian

my dad said thats fine by him as long as i will film it and sell it to his mates

my mum said she would be totaly disgusted

no wonder im fucked up with parents like that!!!
  • Options
    Doubt ill ever tell them im bi. My dad seems a bit homophobic...Also im just not that close that i would say soemthing like that...