Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Your Friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was just wondering what do your friends think of your drug use?

Do they encourage you or try to discourage you?..
Do they enjoy drugs with you, or hate that you do drugs?
Do their opinions even matter to you?
Do you lie about drug use to your friends for whatever reason...

and such like :)

Ive noticed that within a group of friends, views on drugs tend to generally be the same. My friends hated that i do drugs so ive gradually merged into another group that has the same views on drugs as me. Do you think it always works that way?

Comments

• Options
    A few of my friends from school have a really wierd attitude and we dont speak anymore.
    They all used to smoke loads with me when we were teens, we then both did pills and coke for a little while, with a few of them getting deeper, doing ket and stuff.

But now they have a really snooty attitude, like they'd never touched the stuff, that they are better and healthier drinking 15 pints of Stella. Well they all live with their parents and have bum jobs so I have the last laugh.

Most of the friends I hang around with are just smokers, some of whom occationaly do other stuff. Its just not a big deal.

I've only really got one mate who is as interested/up for experimentation as me.
  • Options
    Most of my friends would toke but the ones who dont they dont really go on about it much, just one talks about it saying that he might try it sometime, might not.
    No i dont lie about drug use to friends, if they ask i tell but if they dont ask i dont really go around talking and talking about it to the non smokers.
  • Options
    In my experiance there isnt a massive amount of new smokers once you get to my age, but a lot more people dont care. Its just not a big deal anymore, well smoking puff that is, the other things still have a bit of a stigma.
  • Options
    :yes: ive noticed of my friends in their 20s even the people who dont smoke dont have even the smallest problem with it, but then with my friends in their 30s their mates are either the biggest stoners or COMPLETLY 100% against it.

It really is, i think, an age/generation thing.
  • Options
    my friends know i want to try some stuff but they're all totally against it even though one of them has tried e and dope but she denies it.
  • Options
    My friends do the same drugs as me...and more. I disaprove of some of the things they do like coke
  • Options
    I've always had the attitude that if people want to do something enough then they will always find it.

I've had mates who in the past I thought shouldnt be doing acid, but I wouldnt attempt to stop them, what they do is somewhat up to them.

But if it was influencing people around them I would have tried to step in.

My problem with coke is the perception by a lot of people that its a 'clean' drug and that its not dangerous.
  • Options
    I dont have any friends :(
  • Options
    yes i have found that most people dont really care at all about cannabis smoking whatsoever, the way it should be.