Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Comedown Reduction Methods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any of you got any tips, from first hand experience or otherwise, for reducing an ecstasy comedown?
Like 5-htp for example, would that help with the comedown or just simply speed up the time 'til restored serotonin levels?
I know this goes against theory, and is not advisable, but Friday I had a few, felt like utter shit on Saturday, but went out Saturday and had a few more, and surprisingly felt near fine on Sunday morning. Probably a one-off and I'm guessing preventing a comedown by prolonging it doesn't actually work, and obviously, isn't advisable. :p
So, anything you guys do the morning after or at whatever stage to help reduce your comedown? Or are we stuck with them, with no way out?
I realise more sleep would help, but obviously on a night of pills, this isn't always possible, for numerous reasons.

Comments

• Options
    i smoke that cheap north african and drink a little alcohol through the day ...floats you gently back to responsibilities.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Comedown Reduction Methods
    Originally posted by z0ma
    I realise more sleep would help, but obviously on a night of pills, this isn't always possible, for numerous reasons.

Sleep is the best cure no doubt - but when your pilled up you have different ideas! If you can eat it also helps.

Nowaday I just wake till 11 in the morning, head down ther boozer and get on the case. Drinking yourself into oblivion may not be the bets way, but it works for me!

Drink makes me hungy again, and it makes me pass out into a state where i'll wake with 'almost' a clear head! :D

...or you could just do some more drugs! :p
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I think my friends and i all agree that a few hours sleep as soon as you can, followed by a day of smoking some bud kicks your comedowns away, and makes you feel normal again.

Ive heard not all people like to smoke cannabis on a comedown, but we do so it must work for other people too!
  • Options
    I pulled this up from an old search for you.

I'm sorry but you buy the ticket you take the ride; if you cant handle what the drugs are doing to you you shouldnt take them.

However most people want to continue taking pills and other stuff when the comedowns get bad so I'll give you a few hints that might help; Dont blame me if it goes tits up though.

Pre and post loading your body may well help it to get over what you are doing to it.
    Pre-load with, well basicaly make your well slept, well fed and feel good.
    Post-load with 5-htp, this is a herbal suplement which MAY help replenish the seratonin (the brain chemical which make pills work) that your bodies used. Take one 50mg pill every night for the 5-7 nights after doing pills.
    Don't take 5-htp with pills.

Also spacing out how often you do pills to about once every two weeks at the least will give your body a chance to recover.

If you want to continue as you do then you want to look at what might take away the crap feeling.
    Taking a benzo (sleeping tablet) on the comedown will help a lot but they are difficult to get. You could always try talking to your doctor saying you have really big test and your stressed about it, he might give you some.

Ketamine also works, well for some people, dont do very much though otherwise you might have a nasty experiance (K-hole)

I wouldnt recomend booze, it dehydrates you even further and will make you feel even crapper. It will also put even further strain on your liver, kidneys etc.

GHB works quite well too, but be careful you might knock yourself out if you dont know what dose to do.

Weed works for some people, to me it just makes me more edgy.

Valerian root may also help, this is a herbal insomnia remady which could be useful.

Also there are things like the opium style drugs but I wouldnt recomend those.

Hope this helps, also I hate to go on about it but you should test your pills, pure mdma doesnt give you such bad comedowns if its pure an not mixed with speed and other drugs.

If you really cant stop yourself going out as often as you do then you could think about doing speed insted, it wont damage your body as much. BUT it is addictive, be careful.

I give this for info only, what you do is your choice!
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I pulled this up from an old search for you.

I'm sorry but you buy the ticket you take the ride; if you cant handle what the drugs are doing to you you shouldnt take them.

However most people want to continue taking pills and other stuff when the comedowns get bad so I'll give you a few hints that might help; Dont blame me if it goes tits up though.

Pre and post loading your body may well help it to get over what you are doing to it.
    Pre-load with, well basicaly make your well slept, well fed and feel good.
    Post-load with 5-htp, this is a herbal suplement which MAY help replenish the seratonin (the brain chemical which make pills work) that your bodies used. Take one 50mg pill every night for the 5-7 nights after doing pills.
    Don't take 5-htp with pills.

Also spacing out how often you do pills to about once every two weeks at the least will give your body a chance to recover.

If you want to continue as you do then you want to look at what might take away the crap feeling.
    Taking a benzo (sleeping tablet) on the comedown will help a lot but they are difficult to get. You could always try talking to your doctor saying you have really big test and your stressed about it, he might give you some.

Ketamine also works, well for some people, dont do very much though otherwise you might have a nasty experiance (K-hole)

I wouldnt recomend booze, it dehydrates you even further and will make you feel even crapper. It will also put even further strain on your liver, kidneys etc.

GHB works quite well too, but be careful you might knock yourself out if you dont know what dose to do.

Weed works for some people, to me it just makes me more edgy.

Valerian root may also help, this is a herbal insomnia remady which could be useful.

Also there are things like the opium style drugs but I wouldnt recomend those.

Hope this helps, also I hate to go on about it but you should test your pills, pure mdma doesnt give you such bad comedowns if its pure an not mixed with speed and other drugs.

If you really cant stop yourself going out as often as you do then you could think about doing speed insted, it wont damage your body as much. BUT it is addictive, be careful.

I give this for info only, what you do is your choice!

Dear God I remember that post the first time round. :p

I think that's the third time it's reared it's head? Heh.

Cheers for the info! It's not a case of "if you cant handle what the drugs are doing to you you shouldnt take them", was just looking for practical methods of reducing the day after feeling, especially when I need motivation to do things that need doing.

Tried Valerian Root before, it was very nice, i'll look more into that. :thumb:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Comedown Reduction Methods
    Originally posted by Skive
    Sleep is the best cure no doubt - but when your pilled up you have different ideas! If you can eat it also helps.

Nowaday I just wake till 11 in the morning, head down ther boozer and get on the case. Drinking yourself into oblivion may not be the bets way, but it works for me!

Drink makes me hungy again, and it makes me pass out into a state where i'll wake with 'almost' a clear head! :D

...or you could just do some more drugs! :p

Hey, at last someone who agrees with my comedown cure. I got loads of shit from poeple for sayin people should drink on comedowns
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Re: Re: Comedown Reduction Methods
    Originally posted by beerboy
    Hey, at last someone who agrees with my comedown cure. I got loads of shit from poeple for sayin people should drink on comedowns

I'm not suggesting that others do it though, I just find that this is sometimes the best option for me. I don't usually last that long drinking on a comedown anyway nowadays - especially if I've had no kip!

I can't be good for you! ;)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Comedown Reduction Methods
    Originally posted by beerboy

I think there will be a few people who say drinking helps, a few of my friends, as well as people on thesite included. What people are saying is that you might feel better, but you are damaging your body much more than pills alone would do.
  • Options
    lil-minx; Exactly! Thats what I mean, yes drinking or a benzo might make you feel better in the short term, every other drug you put in your body at the same time is another strain on your system.

For anyone who has had a benzo I think this is the better option, but benzos arent anything to play with.