Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Giving Up Booze :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
After the past 2 weekends of binge drinking, i have decided to take a break from alcohol, I can only be doing myself damage drinking in such vast quantities. So until Reading Festival I won't be touching a single drop of alcohol (hopefully) and will be on total detox from now until then.

Anyone got any tips on how to acheive this, coz i know if someone offers me a pint, I will find it very hard to say no :(

Comments

• Options
    I was T-total for a while. From when I was pregnant actually. Then I went on anti-D's so i couldnt drink anyway, but i took myself off those and decided to just keep up not drinking, i felt a lot better for it. Im the sort of person who can have a really good time without a drop in me tho, so im ok.
    Havent really got many tips for it... make sure you've got a drink with you tho if you go out. Its like giving up smoking, you feel you need to be holding somethign there all the time. Good idea tho and good luck x
  • Options
    cheers for the support badabing :)
  • Options
    I'd say for the first little while your best avoiding high risk/temptation areas like pubs. Just till your feeling a bit better about it.

That and try and do healthy things like exercise etc, your'll feel like your killing yourself in the short-term but after a week or so your'll feel better.
  • Options
    i wish you a lot of good luck dude. i could never stop drinking. My manager and everyone i work with knoe exactly how much i drink and they try to make me quit every day :(

Just stick with it dudde, and beleive in yourself :)
  • Options
    Just say no, its not that hard to stay away from drink, just say NO :no:
  • Options
    Booze is an evil little fucker anyway! Just quit it FOREVER :D

I used to drink too heavily, decided it was a very very bad thing, now i rarely drink and when i do its a pint of stella or two only!

Once you get your head round stopping getting drunk, its not too bad. All in the mind!
  • Options
    All in the mind!

:yes: :yes:

the mind is all so powerful
  • Options
    thats the thing, i enjoy getting drunk, i like being pissed and having a laugh with all my mates, falling over each other legless! and it isnt as easy stopping as some people think. im going out tonight, coz there is a jam session at my local, and I will try not to drink... we will see how it goes!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    thats the thing, i enjoy getting drunk, i like being pissed and having a laugh with all my mates, falling over each other legless! and it isnt as easy stopping as some people think. im going out tonight, coz there is a jam session at my local, and I will try not to drink... we will see how it goes!

s'pose so babe.... well, GOOD LUCK, sounds like you'll need it ;)
  • Options
    I'd say dont even touch a little till you have a better handle on yourself, if you have one it will be much easier to have another.
  • Options
    Day 4

Went to my local last night for the jam session, and even though i was tempted, i stuck to diet coke all night. Tonight and tomorrow are going to be killers though. My best mate gets back from UK tonight and we are gonna go out to catch up, and tomorrow i have a bbq to go to.... aaarrrghhh :(
  • Options
    Your doing well though, as the saying goes, 'one day at a time'.

You could always go and talk to your doc about it if your concerned.
  • Options
    Day 4

Went to my local last night for the jam session, and even though i was tempted, i stuck to diet coke all night.

:D
  • Options
    Day 4

Went to my local last night for the jam session, and even though i was tempted, i stuck to diet coke all night. Tonight and tomorrow are going to be killers though. My best mate gets back from UK tonight and we are gonna go out to catch up, and tomorrow i have a bbq to go to.... aaarrrghhh :(

well done, remember if you want to get pissed just get pissed, no harm in it ;)
  • Options
    Thats not really the most helpful thing to say to someone who is trying to give up something.

Keep going with it, if its reached a point where you are concerned about your use then its time to stop.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    well done, remember if you want to get pissed just get pissed, no harm in it ;)

erm... you know, words can't describe what i think about this post.... twat comes to mind tho:rolleyes:
  • Options
    erm... you know, words can't describe what i think about this post.... twat comes to mind tho:rolleyes:

:lol: was only messing around, just stay off the booze and say NO