Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Question about the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

My girlfriend started on the pill for the first time on 27th June, about 2 and a half week ago when her period started.

She is still bleeding and is getting really aggravated about it. I understand this is common when starting on the pill, but I'd like a bit more info about it, such as:
  • how long the bleeding may last
  • whether it will die down totally
  • and once the continuous bleeding goes away, it is likely to come back?
Thanks for any replies!

Comments

• Options
    It's hard to answer cos it's different for everyone. She should go back to the doctors tomorrow and ask.
  • Options
    From my personal experience my bleeding lasted about 3 weeks-that was just spotting though if its any heavier then she should go to her doctor.
    It does die down and go away and mine hasn't come back since I first started, but as people have said everyone is different but it shouldn't be anything to worry about.
  • Options
    ....however....if this is making your girlfriend uncomfortable then she can go back to the doctor and ask to try another pill. Not all types of pill suit everyone.