Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Has anyone...............................?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone lied to there partner about how many people they've slept with??? If so i would like reason's why (if you can)

Peaches xx

Comments

• Options
    yes, because i don't like the number.
  • Options
    :yes: yup, because i didnt want him to know i went on a like thing of one night stands..made me sound like a slag.
  • Options
    yes, and i lie because i've had VERY BAD reactions when i've told the truth
  • Options
    Originally posted by **TiNk**
    :yes: yup, because i didnt want him to know i went on a like thing of one night stands..made me sound like a slag.

You went on a 'thing of one night stands' and you're not even 15 yet?

That's fucked up.
  • Options
    Originally posted by EssEmm

That's fucked up.

A sane person with morals is on thesite Sex forum :eek2: what has happened?
  • Options

That's fucked up.
    let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
  • Options

That's fucked up.

not judgemental at all.....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I've found that when sleeping with women or men (I'm bi) that they would rather know how many women if a woman, or how many men if a man, but never in total!

And I don't lie. What's the point in underestimating yourself?
  • Options
    Lol this might be something to bear in mind before sleeping with so many people

"Would I be happy revealing this number to my future boyfriend/girlfriend?"
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Well said! And as for the point of this, as long as you are honest about your current sexual activities, and your health, does it matter how many or few people you have been with?
  • Options
    not really, i just think people need to lighten up, i mean, why should it matter how many people you choose to sleep with
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue
    not really, i just think people need to lighten up, i mean, why should it matter how many people you choose to sleep with

It shouldn't matter at all, as long as you're happy with it. But if you lie to a partner about it then you're obviously not happy/comfortable with it. It shows insecurities in any relationship.
  • Options
    No...

...come on, by now everyone must know why not :p
  • Options
    It does matter to certain extent.. i tell truth but one day for a laugh i said id slept wiv 18 ppl (random number i know) and she wasnt happy..:eek:
  • Options
    no is the answer to that. ive never lied to my partner, i think it pushes the trust boundaries with someone special if you do, because it could haunt you at a later date.
  • Options
    There was a thing in the tabloids [and one of the broadsheets] about this. More females than males lie about their amount of partners contraversially, and its not that men exagurating [sp] its the women under exagurating [sp again]...
  • Options
    Originally posted by duffy_2k
    There was a thing in the tabloids [and one of the broadsheets] about this. More females than males lie about their amount of partners contraversially, and its not that men exagurating [sp] its the women under exagurating [sp again]...

Sounds like American Pie's 'rule of three' :D

Take the number of girls a guy says he's slept with and divide by three.

Take the number of guys a girl says she's slept with and multiply by three.

That's your true numbers.

:rolleyes:
  • Options

Hmmm...
    Male.
    I claim I've slept with 0 women...
    0/3 = 0

WOW! It works! :D:p
  • Options

That's American Pie for you, as if certain men are actually sweet and innocent, they're just pretending to be womanising scum.
  • Options
    It shouldn't matter at all, as long as you're happy with it. But if you lie to a partner about it then you're obviously not happy/comfortable with it. It shows insecurities in any relationship.

i haven't lied to serious a partner about it, only to people who ask who i do not believe are mature enough for the real answer. I'm not insecure, i just don't believe it's everyones business.
  • Options
    i really wouldn't even consider this type of thing to be considered a bad lie. maybe you had a string of drunken one night stands, maybe you got back at people thru sex, maybe you did some things that your not proud of... the number of pepole you sleep with shouldn't be anybody's business but your own, even your partner. just so long as they know if your clean or not, the number is irrevelent.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    i really wouldn't even consider this type of thing to be considered a bad lie. maybe you had a string of drunken one night stands, maybe you got back at people thru sex, maybe you did some things that your not proud of... the number of pepole you sleep with shouldn't be anybody's business but your own, even your partner. just so long as they know if your clean or not, the number is irrevelent.

*agrees* that's what i couldn't be bothered to post

go my_name :thumb:
  • Options
    Unless of course you want all secrets to be shared so you can build a foundation of trust. But nowadays that's irrelevant too.
  • Options
    i don't think anyone shares all secrets?
    i mean, wheres the fun in that.
    If the secrets don't hurt your partner it shouldn't matter
  • Options
    In theory, it shouldn't matter how many people you've slept with because if you and your partner have enough mutual trust and respect then it's no longer relevant. I think it's to do with the situation; if I had a one night stand or a short relationship, I wouldn't tell the guy - but in a long-term relationship, I think the subject would be bound to come up and if he wanted to know, I'd tell him truthfully.

Having said that, I've only ever slept with one person - my current boyfriend - and I don't think I'm likely to have one night stands, so maybe I'm a little biased because I don't have as much to talk about!
  • Options
    I've never lied, but then I think my number is reasonable. If it was loads then I might lie so I didn't seem a slag!
  • Options
    maybe you had a string of drunken one night stands

Being shit-faced is an excuse you use when you're 17 and you pull a minger.

Even when you're drunk you know whether or not you really want to fuck someone.
  • Options
    Being shit-faced is an excuse you use when you're 17 and you pull a minger.

Even when you're drunk you know whether or not you really want to fuck someone.

not necessarily. what if your at a house party, too drunk to even get off the cough without falling/passing out, and then somebody sleeps with you... then you don't know whether you want to sleep with them or not, it just happens.
  • Options
    not necessarily. what if your at a house party, too drunk to even get off the cough without falling/passing out, and then somebody sleeps with you... then you don't know whether you want to sleep with them or not, it just happens.
    Isn't that rape? And, no I would never lie to any partner. To lie about your sexual history is not only immoral, but dangerous. If someone's lied about how many sexual partners they've had, who's to say that they won't lie about STD's and infections?
    There's nothing better than the truth.
    Anyway, if you're in a trusting a loving relationship, surely coming off as a slut/manwhore when telling the truth, wouldn't be a problem as your partner loves, trusts and respects you no matter what? Surely they would love you anyway?
    Or am I just naive? :confused:

Ilora x