Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Need an outsiders opinion

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, this is the scenario. I am going to use Person A and Person B to represent myself and my boyfriend (not telling you who is who) and I am going to try and make it as neutral as possible. Although for people who read my LJ it will be pretty obvious!

Person A is going on holiday on Sunday with family. Person A did not invite Person B because it was not their place to invite them. Person A's family did not ask if Person B would like to join them so Person B, although upset, accepts that Person A could not invite them along.

Persons A & B are going to a party on Saturday night so will not have chance to spend the evening alone together.

Person A was invited to a party on Friday night starting at 9.30pm. Person B was not invited. Person A explained that it was a party for the people they went to school with (a school reuniion kinda thing!) and Person B couldn't go. Person B found out that many other people were taking their boy/girlfriends to this party and got upset.

Tonight was the last night these people could spend together as a couple before Person A goes away for two weeks. Person B is upset at being left alone tonight whilst Person A goes to a party.

Should Person B have declined the offer to go to the party or gone because they hadn't seen their old school friends for about three years?

Comments

• Options
    Person A can't like their old school mates too much if they haven't seen them in three years!

I think person a should have stayed in for a nice romantic night with person b, and if they were bothered about missing a chance to catch up with old friends they could organise something for when they get back.

Why don't you both stay in tomorrow night? Surely this party that you are both invited too isn't overly important?
  • Options
    Re: Need an outsiders opinion
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Should Person B have declined the offer to go to the party or gone because they hadn't seen their old school friends for about three years? [/B]

They should go to the reunion.

I honestly dont have a clue who is A or B.

Just because people are a couple does not mean they have to be together all the time. Yes theres 2 weeks away from their partner which will be hard on the person left at home but they can still speak on the phone daily.
    The school reunion thing only happens every now and again and it would be a shame if that person had to miss it just because the other person wanted them to stay at home.

Hope that helps :)

ps
    PM me and let me know who is who :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Molly
    Why don't you both stay in tomorrow night? Surely this party that you are both invited too isn't overly important?
    It is a weird party. We're going to a friends house to watch a wedding video. Our mate got married a couple of weeks ago in California (where he recently emigrated) and as only one of our group could afford to go, she filmed it and we're having a mock wedding party to recreate it all for those who couldn't go. Neither of us want to miss it!
  • Options
    Neither of us want to miss it!

Does it have to be a late finish? what about just going for a couple of hours and spend the rest of the night together.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Does it have to be a late finish? what about just going for a couple of hours and spend the rest of the night together.
    Had thought of that but he has to leave the party at about 8pm anyway as he leaves for the airport at 4am!

We're spending the day together tomorrow anyway, once I finish work. :cool:
  • Options
    Well make sure he treats you to lunch and spoils you something rotten :)

oh and make sure he knows which perfume to bring you back :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Well make sure he treats you to lunch and spoils you something rotten :)

oh and make sure he knows which perfume to bring you back :D
    He knows which perfume, lol! Although I think this comment makes it pretty obvious who is who, lmao!

As for lunch, we're going to watch SAFC play Durham City, I don't really fancy a greasy burger, lol. :D
  • Options
    Although I think this comment makes it pretty obvious who is who, lmao![/SIZE]

scuse me, take a look at your post before mine, whose going to the aiport at 4am ;)

Anyway enjoy your day.......oh and dont forget your brolley, its forecast rain tomorrow ;)
  • Options
    Well if you want my opinion I think you should have dumped him ages ago. But if things have been worked out and apologies have been said, I think A should stay at home with B.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    Well if you want my opinion I think you should have dumped him ages ago. But if things have been worked out and apologies have been said, I think A should stay at home with B.
    Which they haven't..... :(

I agree, I should have, but I can't. I'm weak. I'm in love. I'm pathetic.
  • Options
    Re: Need an outsiders opinion
    Right, this is the scenario. I am going to use Person A and Person B to represent myself and my boyfriend (not telling you who is who) and I am going to try and make it as neutral as possible. Although for people who read my LJ it will be pretty obvious!

Person A is going on holiday on Sunday with family. Person A did not invite Person B because it was not their place to invite them. Person A's family did not ask if Person B would like to join them so Person B, although upset, accepts that Person A could not invite them along.

Persons A & B are going to a party on Saturday night so will not have chance to spend the evening alone together.

Person A was invited to a party on Friday night starting at 9.30pm. Person B was not invited. Person A explained that it was a party for the people they went to school with (a school reuniion kinda thing!) and Person B couldn't go. Person B found out that many other people were taking their boy/girlfriends to this party and got upset.

Tonight was the last night these people could spend together as a couple before Person A goes away for two weeks. Person B is upset at being left alone tonight whilst Person A goes to a party.

Should Person B have declined the offer to go to the party or gone because they hadn't seen their old school friends for about three years?

Just abit confusing! but i know how person B feels tho cos it happened before my b/f went away last week

Peaches xx