Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
wants her baby back

Comments

• Options
    ermmm...what are you talking about hun?

I hope it's not as serious as it sounds...
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    ermmm...what are you talking about hun?

I hope it's not as serious as it sounds...

She had an abortion you fool! :p

Badabing you'll never get it back now, but at least you've learnt something, you know how much pain it caused and you'll have a better idea of what to do if something like that happens again.

Have you been able to talk about it with friends? Talking helps the pain go away.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    She had an abortion you fool! :p

Badabing you'll never get it back now, but at least you've learnt something, you know how much pain it caused and you'll have a better idea of what to do if something like that happens again.

Hunnypot you know absolutely nothing about the situation, and theres no need for you to be all fucking high and mighty about it.

Kat, these feelings will pass, just absorb yourself with your daughter, I remember feeling incredibly broody after I had my abortion, its completely natural. The way I coped with it was to get myself a pet - it sounds silly but i just really needed something to care for, and that really really helped. Obviously you cant turn back time, you did what was right for you and your family at the time, youve got all the time in the world, just concentrate on the one youve already got, and that will heal you. You know im here whenever you need to talk.
  • Options
    Fucking high and mighty? Grow up. I wasn't being high and mighty and if I was I didn't realise. All I was saying is you learn from your mistakes. And I do know something about the situation, she made a thread about it.
  • Options
    well im sure your little comment will REALLY help :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    well im sure your little comment will REALLY help :rolleyes:

And I am sure you being sarcastic and insulting me YET AGAIN will.
  • Options
    Hiya Kat, sorry to hear you're feeling this way at the moment. Have you checked out afterabortion.com ? I haven't had an abortion myself, but I would recommend it to anyone who feels they need some support, it's also politically neutral, so there isn't any prolife/choice agenda there. Hope things start improving for you soon xx
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    I wasn't being high and mighty and if I was I didn't realise.

Sorry Hunnypot, but that did come across a tad insensitive.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Sorry Hunnypot, but that did come across a tad insensitive.

Okay, sorry Kat. I didn't realise.
  • Options
    oooh. Yeah I say take Rainbows advice, it sounds like a good idea, focusing on your lil two year old or on a pet :)
  • Options
    I think perhaps you just need to remind yourself of the reasons that you had the termination and the fact that it wasn't a child that you ever 'had' physically. Just something that was the right thing to do at that time. And yeah...think of the love you have to give and receive from your daughter! :)
  • Options
    I know its hard for you but it will get easier to bear. Time is a great healer and although you wont forget you will eventually be able to cope with it.
    Just remember you made the best decision for you and everybody else at that time. You aren't a bad person for what you did, it takes guts to actually go through and make that decision you made.
    There is light at the end of the tunnel........ honestly :)
  • Options
    Thanks for all your replies. Sorry i havent replied in the past couple of days... ive not been on.
    I tried the pet thing, got two in fact, but it doesnt seem to be helping. I dont know its all shit.
    And when i went they said my period would be back in four weeks time, which was 5 and a bit weeks ago, so i dont think thats helping. Im a tad concerned as i dont feel like im gonna come on either, which is slightly worrying - usually i can tell - but i'll give it a while before i start to worry i think.
    I feel like a right hypocrit sometimes... all this 'no regrets' shit i always go on about. Shame i cant practice what i preach really isnt it?
    Im trying to give it time, but i cant help regretting it. I found out some stuff about benefits the other week too... that i would have got more i was told i would have got... so we would have been able to manage. But its too late now so i cant do anything about it.
    Anyway, thanks for all your comments i do appreciate them. I'll bump this up when i need to rant again, but right now im just trying not to think about things.
    x