Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Politic Forum Changes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is aimed at the older members of the politics forum but input from newer members of this forum are also welcome.
What I would like to know is now that for a few weeks this forum has become Politics and Debate do you find the board any better? do you find it worse? For people with political knowledge do you find it a bit off putting having so many newer members who really need educating (like moi) ?
Id like to hear how you feel the boards have changed over the last few weeks. I personally now find this forum much more approachable because we can debate things which we know something about or things which may interest us.
I feel that this forum now offers me more than it ever did, I do try to respect the way this forum runs and dont mess about like I would in Anything Goes.

Comments

• Options
    I am personally delighted a lot more people are venturing into this forum! It can only be a good thing. Whether the name change had anything to do with it I don't know. Perhaps that and a realisation that we're all big fluffy teddy bears in here. ;)
  • Options
    Its all good!
  • Options
    I enjoy this forum more. If I don't know much about a sibject then I might not post, but I will read the posts in order to find out more.

I think the name change has helped.

I also like the way people debate in here.
  • Options
    I find myself reading a lot of the threads in here as a from of educating myself about something.

And none of these threads tend to descend into farce as a lot of "debating" threads would do on Anything Goes. Well not many anyway ;)

It's all good :)
  • Options
    i never used to post in here much, but the fact i'm starting too has nothing to do with the name change, i'm just having a lil break from some other forums
  • Options
    Well why not stick around fugue? You've as much to contribute as anyone else.
  • Options
    i plan to, i don't know much about politics but it seems to have a lot to do with star wars :p
    i'll know i'l learn something here so yeah
    *makes herself comfy in new home*
  • Options
    It seems to have attracted more people to the area...which is always good.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    It seems to have attracted more people to the area...which is always good.
    so long as they're not ilegals ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue
    it seems to have a lot to do with star wars :p

Everything can be traced through Star Wars, my young padawan. Free your mind...

~~~~~~~~

Please, more people are needed. THe more diverse the opinion the better the debate.
  • Options
    thats what you think! lol, kidding
  • Options
    I think the new title gives the board a wider remit so we can discuss current affairs that aren't neccesarily politically related. Definitely a good thing.:)