Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bites?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel really sorry for my mate, she keeps gettin bitten by something, and has loads of bites on her legs mainly but also on her arms and her back a bit. She doesnt know where they're coming from thou. Thing is some of them are scarring her, when she first gets bitten thet are like red lumps and are itchy but some of the end up a bit scabby and they scar. Shes gettin really down and depressed cuz she cant wear a skirt when we go out cuz they are quite bad, does anyone know what type of bites they could be and also anyways she can get the scars to fade?

Comments

• Options
    hmmm, could possibly be mites in her bed linnen/matress? if shes had her bed for a long time it could possbily be that.

does she have a cat or dog? cos it could be fleas from them also.

best thing really tho is to go to her doctor ASAP, and she could get some cream or tablets to clear it up
  • Options
    it does sound like either flea bites or mosquito bites. I suffer from them a lot, but I don't get lasting scars - i get red spots that turn to scabs that then turn to red patches that eventually disappear.

insect repellent might help, but otherwise i suggest a trip to the gp for your friend.
  • Options
    Go to your doctor and see what the doctor thinks, its free and only takes less than half an hour, worth it to get rid of the problem.
  • Options
    could be hives and not bites at all. i get itchy red lumps and i thought at first it was bites. you can get hives if your stressed or allergic to something.
    if its real bad go to your gp.:)
    also if its really itchy dab it with a little vinegar in water. its really soothing
  • Options
    Cheers you lot, shes on holiday at the moment, but il get her to go as soon as she comes back.

Awwwww bless she mite get more bites on holiday :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    feck!

hope she don't get bitten by some spider in aus! haha - I did and I'm still on antibiotics 2 months later :/

oooooh what kind of spider
  • Options
    lol, and here was me hoping for a cool spider like a red back or funnelweb
  • Options
    Spiders :nervous: i hate em!
  • Options
    I get bitten a lot, but in spurts. My dog sleeps on my bed so we put it down to when she has fleas. Tell her to try not to scratch them because that is why they go scabby and turn into scars. I have so many scars on my legs from bites, so I figure I shouldn't scratch them. Put cold water on them to stop them from itching. It does work, if only as a short term solution.