Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

To smoke or not to smoke.......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hail all,
Well the time came to stop smoking pot when my A-level exams suddenly appeared and i couldent lie to myself that smoking didnt have ANY side affects. So with about a month to go, I stopped and well that was nearly 2 1/2 months ago now, but thats all gone now and I really can't decide wether to bother smoking again. Going home from work at 1 AM just dosent seem the same without sparking up, but as I now seem to have "grown out of it" why bother going back........

Bopz

P.S. I'm not sure if there was a thread on this earlier, so me appoligises if there was.

Comments

• Options
    Do what you feel is right...the question i put to you is why not smoke? you have no tests anymore, so why not just sit around, relax and have a smoke, it is a nice old thing to do.
  • Options
    I'm not sure the argument is why not, you could use that to justify quite a lot of drug use.

If your not that bothered, then I'd say dont bother, it costs you money and the smoking will damage your lungs.
    However you could get some and then just smoke every now and then.
  • Options
    yes your right bongbudda, plus when you smoke it every now and then the effect is better rather than just everyday smoking.
  • Options
    If youre out of smoking, id say keep it up.

Smoking is bad for you, very bad for you. Its a fun habit, but its still a bad habit.

If youre not gagging to start smoking the stuff again, why bother?
  • Options
    and its illegal.... (thats another reason not to do it) :)
  • Options
    they are right bopperz, do what you feel is right.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    they are right bopperz, do what you feel is right.

woooo :hyper: i like the (rare) occasions when someone thinks im right :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

However you could get some and then just smoke every now and then.

Hmm.. it starts off that way, but then, (depending on personality) its back to smoking more than a Q a day :rolleyes: i cant think of a single person whos managed to have it 'occasionnally' :) its too good!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    woooo :hyper: i like the (rare) occasions when someone thinks im right :D

well done, your brighter than you think :thumb:
  • Options
    I only smoke every now and then and I certainly couldnt physicaly smoke a Q in one day even if I wanted to.
  • Options
    I couldn't smoke a quarter in a day either, it would be alot of smoking, if you ate it though :chin: you would be very fucked up though...it would be possible though to smoke a quarter over a day with a few friends.
  • Options
    I wouldnt say that my use goes up from occationaly, even if I have quite a bit. Maybe I'm not getting as good stuff as lil-minx, maybe she's getting that white widow which is dusted with coke.
  • Options
    maybe she's getting that white widow which is dusted with coke.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Hmm.. it starts off that way, but then, (depending on personality) its back to smoking more than a Q a day :rolleyes: i cant think of a single person whos managed to have it 'occasionnally' :) its too good!

I enjoy a good smoke but then I only use it occasionally, I bought a quarter last week and still have a good bit left.

I used to smoke obscene amounts of it when I was at college, then I had a break from it through my exams too. When I went back to smoking I found I got paranoid and lethargic, and infact it had worse side effects for me than any other drugs I took - in general I just didn't enjoy it so much anymore.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    haha im not saying IM smoking a Q a day... i was trying to exaggerate my point :rolleyes: mind you, i wish i had the money to smoke a Q a day..... that would be nice!

Maybe you guys have more control over yourselves than my mates who've tried the 'occasional' spliff approach! :p or maybe youre all in denial... ;)
  • Options
    Think I may have to go with the occasional use, i know it's unhealthy. But as long as i dont smoke LOADS then im sure ill be ok. I've given up once, im sure if I really need to I could do it again. As for nasty side affects we shall have to see.....

Bopz

LOL, just get memorys of going to a halloween party and gettin so stoned I threw a "whitey" and still manged to get to school the next day, straight from this party. Damn the good old days rule......
  • Options
    Everyone has their story to tell about drug experiences and good nights out.
  • Options
    Lover; if you "have" to use any drug every day you have a problem.
  • Options
    Lover; if you "have" to use any drug every day you have a problem.

even cannabis, if people want to chill out in the evening and smoke a spliff?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Everyone has their story to tell about drug experiences and good nights out.

:lol: aww that wasnt meant to be funny but it really made me giggle, bless ya!
  • Options
    :lol: aww that wasnt meant to be funny but it really made me giggle, bless ya!

It's true though;)
  • Options
    Yes, I would say if you 'have' to use any drug, or do any type of risky behaviour then you have a problem.

Granted lots of people smoke every day, but when its a situation where the drug controls the use paterns and not you then its a problem. Just because its a 'soft' drug doesnt mean it cant mess with your head.
  • Options
    Just because its a 'soft' drug doesnt mean it cant mess with your head.

:yes: i think that doesnt only apply to hard and soft drugs. But things which arent even drugs at all.. habits,routines etc.. they can become addctive, granted its less likely but it does happen. any time where you go from chosing to do somthing to having to do something is a sign that its messing with your head.
  • Options
    Yere, I think you can be addicted to near enough everything! Dosent have to be drugs or even anything physical. Some people are addicted to checking there emails every 5 mins and stuff like that. Maybe people get addicted to things because they dont like "reality" and doing watever there doing makes them feel differant or special even if it is only for a few minutes.

Bopz
  • Options
    hey whats a few personal problems in life?