Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

question about contact lenses

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone else have contacts and use peroxide solution to clean them?

recently, i've found that when i fill my container with the solution and put the lenses in, it all froths up and leaks out of the container in a big foamy mess. I'm not over-filling the container and it never used to do this.

I was supposed to ask my optician about it today, but forgot!

Anyone got any advice?

Comments

• Options
    it always does that, i used to hate that peroxide crap.

Change your solution- ask your optician if u can have something like ReNu instead. You can clean the lenses and put them straight back into your eyes without any stinging.

You had to wait about 6 hours before putting them back in your eyes with tha peroxide crap- even then it bloody stung!
  • Options
    yeah i know. i was told i could change to renu if i wanted, but as i wear my contacts almost every day and my eyes have a tendency to dry out quite quickly, i was told peroxide would probably be better for me. as long as i clean them properly it doesn't sting when i put them in, it's just this fizzing and overflowing that's starting to get on my nerves! especially when i stay over at someone's house and make a complete mess of their bathroom!