Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

any dykes out there?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi....sorry if you think this is a bit exclusive (actually no because most posts are exclusive one way or another) but are there any dykes out there? if so hi there and where are you hiding? anyhoo....back to my original question idea...what do you go for in a girl and what are your major turn offs? i hate it when people are 'look after no. 1' and convenience g/fs. short hair is an almost must though.
The Silly String

Comments

• Options
    Re: any dykes out there?
    Originally posted by sillystring
    hi....sorry if you think this is a bit exclusive (actually no because most posts are exclusive one way or another) but are there any dykes out there? if so hi there and where are you hiding? anyhoo....back to my original question idea...what do you go for in a girl and what are your major turn offs? i hate it when people are 'look after no. 1' and convenience g/fs. short hair is an almost must though.
    The Silly String

Just wondering, do lesbians not take offence to being called dykes?? :confused:
  • Options
    No not by fellow dykes. I like a feminine girl and i really want a long term girlfriend. Im bi but becomin lesbian faster n faster the way men treat me.
  • Options
    i also like very feminine gals.

what do you mean tho with this question? like do you mean looks and personality and shit?
  • Options
    yeh, fugue thats generally what i mean. i spose it depends what kind of person you are as to whether you mind being called a dyke or not...some really hate labels full stop. dyke USUALLY implies that you're quite boyish. so are you people that like feminine girls quite boyish or is the whole butch femme thing a bit passe now? lol. im soft butch and yet i like boyish/butch girls.
    The Silly String
  • Options
    For a few years i was convinced i was a lesbian (and for a period of a few weeks a while ago) i wasnt interested in blokes, only in girls & would rather die than sleep with a fella...

But, im not a lesbian, realised i am bi.. but when i thought of myself as a lesbian, i used the word dyke. And now, with my lesbian friends, some of them are fine with that word & often use it, others detest it, but out of all of them, if a straight bloke calls them a dyke... tempers start flying!!!

Its like if you call my gay friends 'queer' they will fly off the rails at you, unless you are gay.

(not answering sillystings question at all here ;) but talking about the dyke thing!)
  • Options
    lol no problemo lil_minx! :-) i've got to admit i too would fly off the rails if someone called me or anyone that's gay 'queer'. it is a big soap box issue for me!
    The Silly String
  • Options
    Are you using this place as a pick up joint??:p as long as it stops u sighing over a certain teacher....:angel:
  • Options
    no cute baby bear im not. it's called chatting to people bout something that you have experience with...i dont know much about boys and breaking up with them and how that makes you feel when they are dickheads because i purposefully try not to go out with them...therefore it makes it slightly hard for me to comment on posts about that kind of thing.
    The Silly String
  • Options
    what I want to know is why do you go for girls that look like men? I was in my local last night and it was the womens pool league and they are all butch lesbians and coupled off :confused: are you like thi s co s you fancy men really but men have been dickheads to you in the past, or do0 you just fancy shemen? :lol: that last comment was a joke.....mmmmm intrigued....Ive been with girls n stuff, im not bi I dont think, could never date a girl, its just sex to me and occasionally. So if im gonna go for a girl she woud be feminem.....um that looked like Eminem...mmm...anyway, yeah please explain....:D
    ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    what I want to know is why do you go for girls that look like men? I was in my local last night and it was the womens pool league and they are all butch lesbians and coupled off :confused: are you like thi s co s you fancy men really but men have been dickheads to you in the past, or do0 you just fancy shemen? :lol: that last comment was a joke.....mmmmm intrigued....Ive been with girls n stuff, im not bi I dont think, could never date a girl, its just sex to me and occasionally. So if im gonna go for a girl she woud be feminem.....um that looked like Eminem...mmm...anyway, yeah please explain....:D
    ;)

pmsl

ah vicky, you are so amusing!
    i'm not at all attracted to shemen!
    i like nice perty gals like you
    -this is not a come on
  • Options
    umm...i wouldnt say that i like SHEMEN exactly. although there are plenty around the scene and usually paired off. soft butch is nice. i go for that kind of girl ie short hair because short hair doesnt get in the way as much ;-) and because i think it looks nicer...better to run your hands through (!?) and also they tend to be a bit more health conscious ie sporty and less likely to lead me astray eating junk food ALL the time. it's nice to be able to have a discussion about something different from hair and clothes and nails etc and instead maybe ask their opinion on adjusting my bike forks or sommat. they can also give you a better game of pool than femmes!
    The Silly String
  • Options
    oh yeh sorry i forgot...vinylvicky i havent been hurt by the male of the species and neither have they proved themselves specifically to me to be complete dickheads i just find women considerably more attractive than men...it's not always about looks either...i find women and i manage to have better conversations about things as well.
    The Silly String
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue
    pmsl

ah vicky, you are so amusing!
    i'm not at all attracted to shemen!
    i like nice perty gals like you
    -this is not a come on
    Ah, I got excirted there...:naugty: :lol:
    Thanks Fugue, for enlightening me :D
  • Options
    oh yeh sorry i forgot...vinylvicky i havent been hurt by the male of the species and neither have they proved themselves specifically to me to be complete dickheads i just find women considerably more attractive than men...it's not always about looks either...i find women and i manage to have better conversations about things as well.
    The Silly String
    Cheers SilliString, I understand a tad more now ;) Have you ever suprised yourself and fancied a femme?
  • Options
    not really V.V. (do u mind if i abbreviate it to that?) i've never really gone for femmes. i went out with a sort of half femme though and it really didnt work...i was like, do u wanna go bowling and she was 'nah i cant bowl' and so i would say do u want to go for a walk, 'nah i dont really like walking that much and it used to frustrate me so much case she just wasnt anything like what i was when it cam down to it. i think butches and femmes hav very different takes on life too. butches can be quite hung up on their hair but for totally different reasons to a femme. a bad hair day can mean disaster to a butch as their whole personality can screw up for that day!! iv found that i can tell if it's a good day or not by whether my hair looks good...makes me feel soooo much better bout meself if my hair looks good! lol how shallow. anyhoo are you femme then? i think you said you were quite...do u find yourself quite unobvious and so its hard to find girls approach you? maybe butches get the g/fs first cause people can tell they're dykes more easily and so it's easier for them to approach them. (?)
    The Silly String
    (writing an essay)....(oooh be impressed, my ex english teacher certainly would be!) ;-)
  • Options
    when i say i like femme chicks i don't mean gals that can't do anything fun or sporty cos they'll brake a nail. I just mean, i guess i go for a happy medium. I go for chickys that look very femme, but are still into going out and having fun. My ex and i went bungy jumpin! BBIIIIG fun
  • Options
    not really V.V. (do u mind if i abbreviate it to that?) i've never really gone for femmes. i went out with a sort of half femme though and it really didnt work...i was like, do u wanna go bowling and she was 'nah i cant bowl' and so i would say do u want to go for a walk, 'nah i dont really like walking that much and it used to frustrate me so much case she just wasnt anything like what i was when it cam down to it. i think butches and femmes hav very different takes on life too. butches can be quite hung up on their hair but for totally different reasons to a femme. a bad hair day can mean disaster to a butch as their whole personality can screw up for that day!! iv found that i can tell if it's a good day or not by whether my hair looks good...makes me feel soooo much better bout meself if my hair looks good! lol how shallow. anyhoo are you femme then? i think you said you were quite...do u find yourself quite unobvious and so its hard to find girls approach you? maybe butches get the g/fs first cause people can tell they're dykes more easily and so it's easier for them to approach them. (?)
    The Silly String
    I
    (writing an essay)....(oooh be impressed, my ex english teacher certainly would be!) ;-)

Nope, most people here call me V V, call me what ya want hun. If you have a look in my sig, where it says ME click on it, thats me! Theres some more pics in my pics too. Women, rarely approach me, girls ive been with are usually friends of friends etc. Id rather they didnt though, if you see what I mean? I like to choose ;) Same goes for men though aswell I think. Unless they are really hot then I wouldnt mind! Same goes for women though too!! :lol: Im just a tart! :naughty: I reckon though im a femme with butch-ish attitude, im a tomboy that doesnt dress like one, if you get me?? My best friend is a man, but I do have really close girl mates, but not as many as men.

Nope most people here call me V V, call me what ya want hun!
  • Options
    mmhmm V V i can see what you mean by being femme. yes very. and that kinda explains why not many women approach you. but yeh...good idea for making sure that it's you that does the approaching...i wish i had that much confidence in myself-im utter pants at doing the 1st move thing.
    ah good fugue cause that'd scare me if you liked chicks that fuss bout broken nails! and what r they doing with nails that long anyhoo...OUCH! wow to the ex and you bungee jumpin...how cool.
    The Silly String
  • Options
    you just need to not givce a fuck about what anyone thinnks of u hun, this is the key to success ;)
  • Options
    Havent read all this thread but... what V V is bi? what?.. baffled..
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    Havent read all this thread but... what V V is bi? what?.. baffled..

:lol: I dont know what I am :( nah not sad really! :D I fancy some girls, but its just sex hun, no relationships an all that.....im trysexual hun! :naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    :lol: I dont know what I am :( nah not sad really! :D I fancy some girls, but its just sex hun, no relationships an all that.....im trysexual hun! :naughty:

hehe, was worried that my bi-dar had died completly, its just slightly broken :p hehe trysexual! :p go for it girlie! :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    hehe, was worried that my bi-dar had died completly, its just slightly broken :p hehe trysexual! :p go for it girlie! :p

ummm I might just do that :D:naughty:
  • Options
    I dunno what I am :eek2: cuz where I live (North Wales) is too closed minded for me to come out and I'd lose a lot if I tried anything with girls and certain people found out.

Anyway, loadsa dykes out there, you just gotta to the right places (such a rock clubs or gay clubs) and they ain't hard to spot usually, gay/bi chicks have something about them that you can tell.

Anyway in all honesty on my part, I care too much about my image to experiment until I'm a way away from home (maybe uni?) as I'm "Sel the untouchable!"... But at the end of the day, I wouldn't mind if I woke up with a man or a woman in my arms, as long as they meant something.
  • Options
    This is completely unrelated to the topic BUT it is something to do with a film about lesbians:
    It was a film about the struggle between a lesbian couple and IVF etc..
    It started as two teenagers, then followed them to adulthood... starring Ellen Degeneres (sp?) and Sharon Stone.
    I don't have a clue what it was called, but it in the "early years" it was Michelle Williams (Jen from Dawsons creek) who played the femme and this other girl as the dyke... The strange thing is, I found the dyke strangely attractive.. She had a guys hair cut, taped down her titties and basically looked like a bloke... but had a feminine thing about her... yumm.. but strange :)
    Anyone know what it was called? It was either on BBC1 or BBC 2....?

Ilora x
  • Options
    Is that Boys Don't Cry?
  • Options
    Boys Don't Cry is a wicked movie! Im bi and like a variety of women really. I think generally someone who is not too girly and not too butch. In between for me ;)
  • Options
    Is Davina McCall (i cant spell her name... silly name) bi?!

she just screams out bisexual when i see her on tv!
  • Options
    Never thought about that really, but yer she does kind of seem it! Who knows though???
  • Options
    hmm.. baffling, sorry for just posting that randomly! :p