Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

marriage proposal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
has anyone asked someone to marry them and been turned down?did the relationship still survive or was it over ?
and girlies would you ever ask your man to marry you ?

sorry for all the questions!

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    I wouldn't ask my boyfriend to marry me and if he asked me I'd turn him down because I don't believe in getting married, but I would carry on the relationship un married.
  • Options
    I think if a woman is ready for marriage there's nothing wong with her dropping a few subtle hints so her man feels more sure about taking the plunge!!
  • Options
    My boyfreind proposed to me well before christmas and i turned him down.Everything carried on as normal...but we got back off holiday last week and we were talking about where the relationship is goin to go now and he proposed-i accepted!I am only 18, and i have thought people were silly for getting engaged that young, but it feels right for us now. Anyway no-one can take this smile off my face at the moment :):D:D:)
  • Options
    i would NOT ask my man...he has to ask me lol! :D
  • Options
    Yeah.

I asked her as a last throw of the dice.

Bad, bad move.
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    I wouldn't ask my boyfriend to marry me and if he asked me I'd turn him down because I don't believe in getting married, but I would carry on the relationship un married.

What she said. :)
  • Options
    I'd only consider asking a girl to marry me now after I've been with her for a long time and am certain it'd last.

Have been engaged and won't be rushing into these kind of things ever again :)
  • Options
    I would never ask a man to marry me. I dunno why, it would just feel odd to me. I'm definitely going to get married though so I would just have to keep leaving BIG hints around lol. I could never say no to someone who asked me to marry them because I know how hard it would be for them, whenever someone asks me something that is obviously hard for them I always answer with whatever they want. It's that which is why one of my best mates hasn't spoken to me in 3 days but there ya go . . .
  • Options
    I asked my boyfriend to get engaged. He said yes. We planned a huge party. He changed his mind.

We're still together but owe a lot of money for cancelled plans and rings bought on credit.
  • Options
    I asked my boyfriend to marry me last summer when i was drunk but he turned me down which was good cos i dont think i was ready. I would love for him to ask me now as i really think im ready and i love him soooo much but i dont think he is ready yet plus i know he aint got no money for a ring anyways.! i hope he proposes on my birthday or sumit it would be lush but i wouldnt propose to him again ive even told him that it will save me some embarrasment.
  • Options
    I dont want to be a traditionalist and say i would NEVER propose to ma blokey if i thought he was the one because if it felt right, then i would!
    However, i would love to be proposed to rather than having to propose to him... so yea, i'd like to think i wouldnt have to :)
  • Options
    Been engaged and a long way off wanting to do it again. Although saying that when I'm with Asa it's a different story. So maybe I should answer this after I spent the next week with him on hol it's either gonna make us or break us thats for sure.

As for ever asking a guy to marry me. No way. I'd drop hints or bring the topic up but I'd never do. Turned enough fellas down in me time...sorry is it me or are guys desparate to get married these days?
  • Options
    I'm an old-fashioned girlie and waited to be asked. I would never ask a bloke. He might only say yes because he felt under pressure for being asked and then regret it or change his mind.

Much nicer to be asked I think :)
  • Options
    i've been engaged. i proposed as a joke. we laughed. he did it for real. i didn't know what to say. so i said yes cause it was all i could think to do. we weren't right for each other. we broke up.

next time i'm not doing a thing. my other half knows i'd marry him. and it's up to him to ask. i've done all the asking so far in our relationship.