Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What could it be?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have several like bumps on my right boob just under my arm pit. I never had them before i was preggie. Theres about 6 now kinda red/purple colour :(. I go to see my midwife tommorow but she wont be able to help will she? Do you think i should see my doc? They kinda itch sometimes aswell.

Comments

• Options
    I have no idea what they are Tweety, and I`ve never even heard of anything like it. It could be that it`s nothing to do with the pregnancy and the timing is just coincidence.

I`d mention it to your midwife anyway and if she doesn`t know, go to your doctor.
  • Options
    Sounds like a rash to me. Maybe something to do with your hormones being all over the place and flared up some kind of allergy?

I would mention it to the midwife for sure. Failing that make an appointment for the docs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Sounds like a rash to me.

what gave you that idear :eek2:
  • Options
    my mum gets them every now and again......they could be cysts(sp)
    well we all hope thats what they are anyway.
    Good luck babe.
  • Options
    It is probably cysts this sometimes happens. I would advise you get it checked out by a health professional if not for anything else to put your mind at rest. I would metion this to your midwife just incase it could be related to the pregancy, it could be caused my a hormone in balance or something and she might have some idea why this is happening. Good Luck and keep us up-dated hope this is of some help.

;)
  • Options
    Why would cysts be itchy though??

Tweety, I`m assuming it`s not hives caused by heat or something?? If you`ve been as hot as me it`s a possibility? Have you worn anything that was tight round the top of your arm?

Just a thought, they`re not where the seam or edge of your bra rests are they?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Why would cysts be itchy though??

Tweety, I`m assuming it`s not hives caused by heat or something?? If you`ve been as hot as me it`s a possibility? Have you worn anything that was tight round the top of your arm?

Just a thought, they`re not where the seam or edge of your bra rests are they?

Yeah they are, what are hives? I'm always hot.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Yeah they are, what are hives? I'm always hot.

You will be even more so at the moment, and you will probably find you`re sweating more. It sounds to me like you`ve sweated and got hot, and that`s been trapped by the seam of your bra, and that combined with the (slight) pressure from your bra has given you these itchy bumps.

Try to let the area get some air tonight and you might well find they go away. If not you might need an antihistamine. But I`m almost sure now it`s just from the heat. Still ask your midwife tomorrow, tell her you don`t know what`s safe to put on it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    You will be even more so at the moment, and you will probably find you`re sweating more. It sounds to me like you`ve sweated and got hot, and that`s been trapped by the seam of your bra, and that combined with the (slight) pressure from your bra has given you these itchy bumps.

Try to let the area get some air tonight and you might well find they go away. If not you might need an antihistamine. But I`m almost sure now it`s just from the heat. Still ask your midwife tomorrow, tell her you don`t know what`s safe to put on it.

Thanks for your help, sounds quite likely that its the heat. I have been itching all over them the last few days, especially when i get hot!