Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Drugs and Portugal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anybody confirm that drugs are legal in portugal? I know cannabis is but ive heard that all drugs are legal over there, can this be true and if so is it avaible on the streets,every drug or what? is there cafes, shops to buy the drugs.

Comments

• Options
    No, cannabis is NOT legal there. As far as I know they have decriminalised all personal drug use, but that doesnt mean you buy them all over the counter.
  • Options
    All personal use then.....but i don't think they would take kindly to you sitting skinning up in the street, they could if they wanted do something then, when me and a mate were in Barcelona we sat in the main square and rolled a spliff along with many others who were rolling, the police came driving along, just covered the spliff up and waited till they drove past, simple, i think they are only really concerned with harder drug use over there now, given up on cannabis, well not given up totally.
  • Options
    Spain is slightly different, they havent made the legal change that Portugal has, although the police do treat it in a similar way.
  • Options
    Portugal shouldn't be a problem at all then for getting some cannabis, do you think it would be the same stuff in spain and portugal since they were morocanas who were selling pollem in spain and portugal is next to spain, i do hope so.
  • Options
    I would suspect so, but Portugal is a bit more off the 'lager lout' tourist trail so there might not be as many street dealers like there is in a lot of Spain.
  • Options
    When my friends were in Portugal they said they were offered cannabis up to 6 times a day off dealers on the street, wouldn't be a real problem getting it there i would say.