Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bisexuality and Freedom

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there! Do you think that bisexual people are necessarily "freer" because they are aroused by both genders, whereas gay and straight people are "less free"?

Hmm.. Your thoughts would really help! Thanks guys.

Comments

• Options
    I think that a lot of bi people, certainly ones that I know, are at the really awkward stage, like they dont want to be tied down one way or another.

I suppose that it depends on the individual, but I think a lot of people that are bi (especially younger people) go with the "try before you buy" routine. They want to see what all the fuss is about with being gay/lesbian before they decide their sexuality.

That said, I'm sure there are loads of people out there who are sexually attracted to both men and women and are 100% sure about that. And thats really cool I think.

A while back when I had issues with my sexuality, people I met genuninely thought I was bi because I usually had a girlfreind but they way I am usually gives out the "gay" vibe. So the general assumption was that I was bi, and people kept saying to me "Oh I think its really cool that your bi, you got so much choice".

Anyway I'm warbling on but I ceratinly think bi people have a far better chance of finding lasting happiness than people who defined their sexuality.

And probably have a lot more fun too hehe.

xxxxxxx

Brian
  • Options