Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Straightening - shampoo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, I want my hair chemically straightened but its well expensive, so I mentioned it to my mum the other day and she said that if u get a perm thing and put it on but keep combing your hair instead of actually putting curlers in it then it will straighten it. :/

What you reckon?

Also, I used to use Pantene pro v stuff but I noticed that I would was my hair then straighten it and I couldn’t wear it down because I felt it looked greasy. :| This annoys me. So I changed to this soft stuff. And it’s happened again.

My mum said it’s because of the conditioner I use, but I need conditioner otherwise my hair gets knotty.

Anyone recommend any shampoos and conditioners?

Thanks in advance. :)

Edited coz i can :p

Comments

• Options
    i dont know about the straightening bit but i find that i cant use seperate conditioner and shampoo cos it makes my hair go gross and look greasy but i use a 2 in 1 now (panten or how ever u spell it) and its really nice :) makes it nice and soft :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    i dont know about the straightening bit but i find that i cant use seperate conditioner and shampoo cos it makes my hair go gross and look greasy but i use a 2 in 1 now (panten or how ever u spell it) and its really nice :) makes it nice and soft :)

So u reckon i should try 2 in 1? :heart:
  • Options
    Pantene is bad for your hair, it's full of silicon same as that Fructis stuff, and silicon is not good for your hair at all.

I use 'Umberto Gianini' he does fab straightening products and I would def. reccomend the shampoo & conditioners.

If you use too much conditioner you hair will go all greasy but if you dont use any it goes all static. I've never had any problem with conditioners though so maybe you're just using too much of it.
  • Options
    I have my hair straight and i think that L'oreal smooth intensive shampoo and conditioner is good. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Brummy Bird
    I have my hair straight and i think that L'oreal smooth intensive shampoo and conditioner is good. :)

Thats the shampoo I use when I'm having my hair straight and I think its ace.
  • Options
    Ooo, I could snog you all. But I wont.
  • Options
    I don't know about the perm thing...but I know what you mean with the straighteners thing, sometimes I straighten mine and think gah it looks greasy even though I just washed it. Sometimes I think its cos I've not rinsed all the conditioner out properly, I spend ages rinsing it now just to make sure its all out.

Another thing it could be (sounds simple I know!) is that your straighteners might have grease or left over conditioner on them, give them a good clean just in case hehe! My hair kept going greasy and I found out it was cos my sister used mousse in her hair then used my straighteners :mad: so it was making mine greasy!

I use Aussie 3 Minute Miracle conditioner, its really good and makes my hair dead soft, also it rebuilds it or something which is good cos straightening is hell for your hair :( hope that helps hehe.
  • Options
    Originally posted by FireyFirenze
    Another thing it could be (sounds simple I know!) is that your straighteners might have grease or left over conditioner on them, give them a good clean just in case hehe! My hair kept going greasy and I found out it was cos my sister used mousse in her hair then used my straighteners :mad: so it was making mine greasy!

Omg, I never even thought about that.
  • Options
    yeah i know its meant to be bad for your hair (panten) but its the only shampoo that makes my hair nice and it looks so much healthier than it has with any other shampoo

and yeah lisa i think you should try a 2 in 1 :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    and yeah lisa i think you should try a 2 in 1 :)

I brought some tonight, I'll report back after a few washes because it takes your hair a while to get used to them dont it?
  • Options
    I use a Redken shampoo and conditioner for long hair, which is really good. I dunno about the perm thing though :\

When you put conditioner on your hair, do you put it on your scalp? If so, that may be why it looks greasy. Conditioner is designed for the lengths and ends of your hair :)

You probably knew that anyway :\
  • Options
    I use the same ones as Faith - Umberto Gianini Straight and Sleek (I think!) Shampoo and Conditioner :) I always use those and then Kerastase Oleo Relax Serum which gives good results, so I'm not too sure which is doing most of the work! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    My sister uses the new sunsilk shampoo for greasy hair and it has a leave in spray conditioner which has made her hair less greasy so you could try that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crystal Tipps
    I always use those and then Kerastase Oleo Relax Serum which gives good results, so I'm not too sure which is doing most of the work! :rolleyes:
    Same here. That stuff is great
  • Options
    Well, I done the perm thing and it worked. :D my hair is soooo much straightener. But like, it was dead curly. The pain my head went through though. :| because i couldnt use conditioner I washed my hair and it wasnt that hard to do really. Then I had the perm on and it killed when I was trying to comb it and it killed. *sob* but you can tell the difference. Well, I can.

And about the shampoo thing, TBH I think I just used to much conditioner because I havent used any since the perm thing and my hair looks well healthy and clean and stuff. I cant believe its my own TBH. :|

Thank you peeps that helped. *blows kisses*
  • Options
    i use seperate shampoo and conditioners designed for highlighted hair to keep the highlights well...i'll report back with the name... i then use a tigi spray shine in wet hair, blow dry it straight, use straighteners and some more of the tigi stuff... lol, not much eh!!:lol: keeps it straight anyways... :) xXx
  • Options
    Bah. I hate having to fuck about with my hair. I might get it all cut off.