Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The year so far?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok just wondering since we're already half way through this year (where does the time go) how it's been for everyone.

Me it's had it's ups and downs. Borderline depression, close to suicide, seen me be a complete slapper and then settle down again. But through it all there's been one little light. One star thats guided me through everything, that being Asa. Anyone who's a regular in sex knows who I'm on about but if it hadn't been for him I doubt I'd actually be here today. He means the world to me and has changed my life around for the better.

I've sorted out all the troubles I've had through life and in a way thats why I haven't been here as much, I haven't felt the need to be, not needed people to talk to who dn't know who I am. But hey I'm back around now for the time being at least.

But on the work side, much the same as the previous year although I@m happy temping now I've decided I'm going back to uni in Sept. It's all sorted forms filled in etc, so roll on Sept and Manchester. Can't wait, the year started badly and could only get better and it sure is doing for me.

:D:D:D

Comments

• Options
    Hey you :wave:

Glad to hear everything's ok and you're all happy again :D

My year hasn't been too eventful really. Started temping which has been alright, made some fab new mates thru the place I've worked and got a good regular income. Became single for the first time in 3 years which was kinda scary at first, but am really enjoying it, so it's all good! Nothing amazing has happened but I am happier than I have been in quite a while, and this is the first time since leaving uni that i haven't been stressed about anything :)
  • Options
    Good to see you're happy, Kazbo :)

Mine's been umm...uneventful :(
    Like the year before, really.
  • Options
    This year has gone very fast i think, ive done my gcses and the time has just rolled by.
  • Options
    This year I have become single, due to me trusting too easily and being messed about.

I have done my GCSE's.

I have chosen, re-chosen and re-re-chosen what to study at college.

I have joined this place. I have spent way too long on the net in general.

I finished school, and got myself a 'job'. Which I enjoy but don't get paid for, damn voluntary crap.

And that's about it.
  • Options
    Me year has been great!Over the past month or so school has been getting pretty stressful but one girl has made me year since february the best ever!
  • Options
    nice to here things have turned round for you kaz. keep positive.
    one of the good things about pain is it can be one of the best teachers you ever have. if you can look at the shit you have been through once it has passed, it can become a tool in your toolbox of life. you now know that yes things can get better. next time the going gets a bit rough you have more tools to deal with the problems. nice to hear good news.

am i begining to sound like an old woman?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

am i begining to sound like an old woman?

Yep ya sure are hun ;)

Anyways folk this wasn't a thread about me. Just felt that it was time half way through the year for everyone to take a look back on what the year had brought them, the good times and the bad and lets see where we can see things leading to from this point for the rest of the year.
  • Options
    This year has been cool. Nothing much has happened tho, but I've found the best two friends at uni and for the first time they are people I get on with and love to bits and its so much fun.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kazbo
    Yep ya sure are hun ;)

it's that bleedin' nun. she's been a bad influence on me. she means well but ...when she started sending me knitting patterns and explaining knit one pearl one i had to put some distance between us. i know she's only trying in her own little way to keep me on the straight and narrow but ...knit one pearl one clackety clack!
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    it's that bleedin' nun. she's been a bad influence on me. she means well but ...when she started sending me knitting patterns and explaining knit one pearl one i had to put some distance between us. i know she's only trying in her own little way to keep me on the straight and narrow but ...knit one pearl one clackety clack!

ROFL. YOu never do seize to amaze me rolly. But I'm not so sure it wasn't you explaining things to her. ;)
  • Options
    hmmm this year so far.....
    well my familys got worse since alst year my mums now a fully fledged alcoholic who puts me down all the time and jsut generally dont liek me my dads starting to go the same way :S coz of her my chrons disease has got worse and i have to take leukemia (sp?) style treatment for it and i cant drink any more either (thats prolly the worst one lol) and oh yeah work officially sucks ass ....apart from that im peachy :D
    :lol:
  • Options
    this year consisted of

gettin dumped fresh for the new year from a relationship based purely on sex

being a tart for a bit

school work

gettin with katie

first live performance to crowds! brill

more school work

then un-gettin with katie coinciding with my bloody a level final exams (cheers katie break my heart and any chances of academic success :thumb: )

and now i'm job hunting and waiting a week for my summer holiday!

oh yeah and joining the site, which quite scarily is now a daily routine and has helped me alot especially with break ups!

THANK YOU EVERYBODY :D
  • Options
    This year so far has sucked. Badly.

It's mostly my own fault though, so I got no right to moan.

The tennis is on later, so maybe things are looking up :)