Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I want to know!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is it with Scots and buckfast wine?! Do you all really drink this stuff? If so, why? It`s revolting!

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    its only the gadgee ones that drink it. not all of them do. i dont. i agree with you ... it is revolting :yuck:

sorry to those who drink it
  • Options
    Buckfast = :yuck:
    Its a cheap fine, £5 for a liter but it gets you a tad pissed.
    I dont know how some people can drink it, i was down in the park the other day and there was a friend there, within 3-5 mins her bottle of buckfast was gone.
  • Options
    But HOW did this stuff from an abbey in Devon come to be apparently so popular in Scotland?! (no offense littlemissy!) I`ve never seen it anywhere else and I`m baffled!!
  • Options
    No idea, maybe some forefather took some back many a year ago and from then they fell in love with it, im not from Scotland and i know plently of people who drink it regulary.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Originally posted by Miffy
    But HOW did this stuff from an abbey in Devon come to be apparently so popular in Scotland?! (no offense littlemissy!) I`ve never seen it anywhere else and I`m baffled!!

dont worry ... no offence taken. i dont get it either. it makes no sense cos it tastes vile and i dont know why people choose to drink it. beats me!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    No idea, maybe some forefather took some back many a year ago and from then they fell in love with it, im not from Scotland and i know plently of people who drink it regulary.

Really? I didn`t know that. I`ve only ever seen it actually AT Buckfastleigh Abbey, but knew they drink it in Scotland. Never heard of it anywhere else.

You learn something every day.
  • Options
    You think Buckasts bad!? You want to try the other drink favoured by gold jewelery wearing youngsters up here (and probably everywhere)...White Lightening cider. Only 99p a litre. It makes Buckie taste like champaigne!
  • Options
    fuck that stuff is disgusting, i wud have to be well on my way to drink some of it!:lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Angelic*
    You think Buckasts bad!? You want to try the other drink favoured by gold jewelery wearing youngsters up here (and probably everywhere)...White Lightening cider. Only 99p a litre. It makes Buckie taste like champaigne!

I have tried it. Once.
  • Options
    It pains me to admit it but I used to drink that all the time when I was 14. And yes I did have the tracksuits and gold jewelery to match. Oh the shame!:blush:
  • Options
    It pains me to admit it but I used to drink that all the time when I was 14. And yes I did have the tracksuits and gold jewelery to match. Oh the shame!:blush:

lol, did u have the walk to match it aswell?
  • Options
    No, thank goodness. But I had the hairspray fringe and pale pink lipstick and ambitions to get pregnant as soon as possible. Luckily I grew out of it in time. By the time I was 16 I was almost human again
  • Options
    good, the drink is cursed.....:lol: over here they call it banbridge champagne, coz in banbridge they all love it, y they do i dunno.
  • Options
    No, thank goodness. But I had the hairspray fringe and pale pink lipstick and ambitions to get pregnant as soon as possible. Luckily I grew out of it in time. By the time I was 16 I was almost human again

I`m sure that`d give new hope to parents of teens everywhere!
  • Options
    It's mainly the neds that drink it, and who gives a shit about them anyway?
  • Options
    lol, and to all buckaholics, to show them that there are drinks other than buckfast!
  • Options
    Never heard of it!:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    It's mainly the neds that drink it, and who gives a shit about them anyway?

In heaven, Mother Theresa feels humbled by Kiezo's social conscience!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Seven_VII
    lol, and to all buckaholics, to show them that there are drinks other than buckfast!

Aye, like MD 20/20 :p
    In heaven, Mother Theresa feels humbled by Kiezo's social conscience!

I bet she hates the bastards inall :p
  • Options
    Ooh, I remember MD 20/20. That stuff was really foul:yuck:

All my happy childhood memories are flooding back!
  • Options
    lol, ah you can't beat good old underage street drinking,lol. those were the days, goin home wrecked off cheap cider and foreign lager from lidls or the spar *wanders off down memeory lane* :rolleyes: