Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nero - Help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Someone help meee. Nero isn't creating CDs and I dunno why, it'll make it up to like 100% then say it failed, it could be something to do with the *used read buffer* bar that drops from 100% to 0% during the last 1% of making the CD?? :(

Comments

• Options
    please? :(:(:(
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    are you doing anything else whilst burning your cd? if so.. don't :p

and close down as many programs as you can that run in the background.. should make it work :)

if not.. then... errr.. ask someone else ;)
  • Options
    Nero is very annoying sometimes, that has happened me more than once, the cd is near copied then it just cancels:mad:

The only thing i can say to do is turn off EVERYTHING while ur copying the cd and try that and if that dosen't work then uninstall nero and install it again, what version of nero do u have?
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Originally posted by BritJames

burn at a slower speed
    yes, burn it at the slowest possible speed :)
  • Options
    If he burns it at a lower possible speed then it will take quite a while for the cd to be complete.
  • Options
    All CD Writing software in normal mode will write from the inside out and at the very end go back to the centre to write the index??

It's probabaly screwing up at the point where it goes back.

Try slowing down the write speed.

Have you made changes to your system recently?

Cache sizes, etc can sometimes affect it.

Nero is a weird program - very good in some ways - very stupid in others!! After all these years it still doesn't tell you how much data you've aloocated to the CD - it just shows a graph!!

Don't know why I use it sometimes ... but I still do ...
  • Options
    I still use it sometimes but it does the job whenever its in working order, whats the newest version like if anyone has it? Ive got version4
  • Options
    the version is 5.5.9.14? that's what it says, it's still not working, I'll have to try doing all that stuff.

Our PC was almost completely updated not long ago
  • Options
    Complain to nero...
  • Options
    i find when i copy a cd in nero which has an application on it such as an interactive cd, an error comes up near the end. is the cd your copying have an interactive part on the cd. if it does that may be the reason as it happens most of the time on cds that have them. although the music is burned completly to the disk and it works fine in cd players.
  • Options
    have u checked ur re-writer, it cud be a problem with that....
  • Options
    check the disk it always tells me its failed and yet the whole disk plays perfectly