Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Amish Kids - And The Devil's Playground

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is anyone here Amish by any chance?

If so would be great to hear some of your experiences.

I always thought the Amish people always stayed away from the rest of the world and didn't mix, but recently I saw a programme about Amish kids and the fact that when they turn 16 their parents set them free to go into the rest of the world and do whatever they want and the parents won't stop them.

For instance they can go drinking, bring back girls, live by themselves, try drugs, etc.

They can do this for several years if they want - whilst they decide to either go back to the Amish community and give up modern conviences or stay in the modern world.

During this time the parents can't stop their kids from doing what they want .. what do you guys think .. good idea or not?

Click Here for Article

http://www.reporterinteractive.org/news/052202/tv052202.htm

http://www.geocities.com/walward/Rvw_DevilsPlayground.html

playgrnd.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Lmfao!
    Amish people can't use technology. I doubt anyone Amish would use thesite.org :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Lmfao!
    Amish people can't use technology. I doubt anyone Amish would use thesite.org :p

That's what I would have said before seeing this documentary .. but if they are on their time off i.e. after 16 then who knows? Plus there might be people on here that may have chosen to leave.

Seem very different to parents telling their kids what to do - instead letting them run free and make their own decisions.

I think they said most of the kids that go out into the world end up coming back and giving up the outside world.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer

I think they said most of the kids that go out into the world end up coming back and giving up the outside world.
    i reckon you've given up the outside world and mr wobble too.
  • Options
    and lazybstard aswell, hes def given up the outside world...lazy fuck.:lol: