Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Average Size When Medical Staff Do The Measuring!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ansell, makers of LifeStyles Condoms, has conducted research into average penis size. The survey found that the average length of the erect penis is 5.877 inches (14.928cm), with the majority ranging between the small 5.5 inch penis size (14cm) and the large 6.3 inch penises (16cm).

The average girth is 4.972 inches (12.63cm), with the majority ranging between 4.7 inches (12cm) and 5.1 inches (13cm). This indicates that the difference between small penis size and large is not very big.

From March 11 to 17, 2001 a total 401 males over the age of 18 were measured, one at a time, by qualified medical staff (protected by Ansell Medi-Touch gloves) in private tents at the Dady Rock nightclub in Cancun, Mexico. Of the 401 men, 300 were able to gain an erection for measurement - a success rate of only 75%.

The LifeStyles Condoms Average Penis Size Survey was designed to create a better condom, to ensure that they are sized properly, comfortable and won't slip.Are you interested in the different size condoms available?

Sample Size

401 male voluteers of which, only 300 were "effective" male volunteers (75%), as 101 male volunteers (25%) could not gain an erection for measurement. At 300 effective measurements, this study is twice the size of any previous study that uses medical staff to measure penis size. This method is more accurate and reliable than studies where volunteers undertake self-measurement / reporting.

Erect Penis Length

The average erect penis length was 5.877 inches (14.928cm).
Standard deviation was 0.825 inches (2.096cm) with 54% of the effective sample measuring between 5.5 inches (14cm) and 6.3 inches (16cm).

Erect Penis Girth

The average erect penis girth was 4.972 inches (12.63cm).
Standard deviation was 0.508 inches (1.29cm) or with 53.33% of the effective sample measuring between 4.725 inches (12cm) and 5.118 inches (13cm).

Conclusion

It is fair to say that in all cases, where medical staff has measured erect penis size, the average length has been below 6 inches and in every case where the surveys rely on self-measurement and voluntary reporting the average leaps over six inches. Interestingly average girth remains around 5 inches in all surveys.

Using the figure of 5.877 inches from the LifeStyles Condoms Average Penis Size Survey it appears that men on average exaggerate their penis length by a quarter to a half an inch when they are permitted to measure and report their own size.

The results do show that the difference between small penises, average penis size and large penises is not so great as folklore might have us believe.

stretch.gif

Comments

• Options
    hhhmmmm how I see it is that it doesnt matter how big it is, as long as they know how to use it is the main thing :p

Mind 401 were measured you can hardly make any comparisons can you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    hhhmmmm how I see it is that it doesnt matter how big it is, as long as they know how to use it is the main thing :p

Mind 401 were measured you can hardly make any comparisons can you?

... Only 300 were measured 101 couldn't get it up!!

What got me was all these guys were going to a nightclub and pulled aside and asked if they wouldn't mind dropping their pants!!

I'd love to see the reaction at my local club if they tried that!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    ... Only 300 were measured 101 couldn't get it up!!

Yeah I meant initially 401 to take the research , I realised after I posted what id done wrong.

I had to giggle myself to be honest. Of all the places to get people to even take part :lol:

The 101 who couldnt perform were probably pissed as a fart:D
  • Options
    I was wondering why so many guys would do it in the first place - I thought they were asking them as they walked into the club but I bet you're right they waited until they were drunk!!
  • Options
    but being drunk dosent cause an erection failure, at least it dosent for me.
  • Options
    being really pissed does

i may sound ridicusly stupid here but what do you mean by girth?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lazybstard
    being really pissed does

i may sound ridicusly stupid here but what do you mean by girth?

It means the measurement going around widest part, you need one of those flexible tape measures for that!!

Like the picture below but it aint your waist you're measuring..

girth.jpg
  • Options
    It still doesn't say where, or how, you should measure a penis. Or how they measured them. :confused:
    Mind you, if my measurments are correct, then I should be happy. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    This study was done in Mexico ... I think they must, on average, have smaller penises ...
  • Options
    Well to be fair - Although I think the results seem a bit TOO low, at least they are measuring correctly (I'd guess they used the stomach to the tip of the penis from on top method with NO digging the tape measure into the skin for extra inches).

Most blokes who blast off about 9 and 10 inches are measuring either underneath or from the side. Most girls they claim they have had 9 or 10 inchers are poor judges and they mainly see it from the underside anyway. A girl once claimed I have 10 inches - I have 7. Girth can make it look longer, I am 6.5 around. If I measure from the side I am 8.5. If I measure from underneath I am 10.5.

And then that shows that at the end of the day it doesn't ffing matter. I slept with one girl and I couldn't get it all in. I slept with another and I probably didn't have enough for her (she was slightly loose though). I'm sure other girls struggle with certain girths while others crave stupidly wide.

Men and women all vary. But I'm sure even a bucket crutch / micro penis combo could still create some sweet loving and get both parties off.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Teagan
    This study was done in Mexico ... I think they must, on average, have smaller penises ...

It said it was done in Cancun which is the playground of the Americans in Mexico, and was in a nightclub, if it's like other places I've been to then the locals can't afford to go there inthe first place .. so you could assume many of the people measured were Americans.
  • Options
    results may be different for different parts of the world....
  • Options
    They sound a bit small.

It's only 401 men on drugs and booze, not very reliable is it.
  • Options
    its not very big that is it......or am i just huge??
  • Options
    yeh, they sound really small. r u sure they r all over 18???