Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

not a relationship person?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what do girls really mean when they say that they aren't a relationship person and that if they were they would go out with you?

Comments

• Options
    sometimes it's meant as a fob off sometimes it's meant seriously.

I'm not a relationship person. I'm an only child, like my space and do what i like when i like. So basically i'm a selfish bastard :D And a relationship doesn't fit into my lifestyle. *shrugs* Don't know if that's the answer you wanted or not :)

Sometimes i think it can mean that the attraction they feel for you isn't strong enough to make them want that relationship more than anything else.

*it's late i'm talking crap okay :)
  • Options
    I agree with Carolina in that it is said sometimes as a fob off and a nice way of telling you they don't want to be with you.
    On the other hand they just might not want a relationship with anyone at that moment in their life, whether it be with you or anyone else.
  • Options
    when girls say they don't want a relationship right now, what they actually mean is that they don't want one with you, but they're happy to have one with somebody else. trust me mate, i fucking know, it happened to me last nite.:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by sprocket
    when girls say they don't want a relationship right now, what they actually mean is that they don't want one with you, but they're happy to have one with somebody else. trust me mate, i fucking know, it happened to me last nite.:(
    Aww poor you :( I do feel sorry for you sprocket, but it's not the same with every girl though!

I agree with Carolina; some people have a certain outlook on life and lifestyle which doesn't include relationships. Others have maybe messed up relationships badly in the past, and are convinced they'll do the same again. Others might just be scared of commitment - not all commitment-phobics are men, you know!

Sadly though, as with any other 'problem,' it can be used as an excuse if they just don't like you. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    cheers perfect***day. i feel really shitty coz for all intents and purposes, she told me she felt the same way about me as i felt about her. now she's with this other dude and its ripping me apart:( but, there ain't a lot i can do about it so i'll just have to learn to live with it and we'll just have to be good friends instead:(
  • Options
    well me and the girl are getting a carry out tomorrow and hopefully she will say or do somehting when she is under the infulence:naughty: , its the only real way of getting there true felings out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lazybstard
    well me and the girl are getting a carry out tomorrow and hopefully she will say or do somehting when she is under the infulence:naughty: , its the only real way of getting there true felings out.

:lol: U big pervert..
    Alcohol will increase her feelings and mood towards you if she has showed signs of liking you before, all her inhibitions will be lose and will freely do anything..just ask :naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    :lol: U big pervert..
    Alcohol will increase her feelings and mood towards you if she has showed signs of liking you before, all her inhibitions will be lose and will freely do anything..just ask :naughty:

i suspect i will ask, wish me luck! :naughty:
  • Options
    Good luck, so how did it go with her?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lazybstard

I know its great when Vicks pissed cos she tells me everything she thinks about me!Then i remind her and she gets all embarrased saying 'You dont need to know that!'
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Good luck, so how did it go with her?

no touching or anything but there was long looks, hehe, we talked for 3 and a half hours. hhopefully she fancies me, if i find out i will reply.:D
  • Options
    u shudda did sumthing, but she prob respects u for respectin her, good move....