Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Premiers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
How much would you pay to see a premier of a film. i paid £50 to see the irish premier of The Two Towers. It may seem like alot, but i tell u, it was well worth it!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Re: Premiers
    Originally posted by Seven_VII
    How much would you pay to see a premier of a film. i paid £50 to see the irish premier of The Two Towers. It may seem like alot, but i tell u, it was well worth it!

How was it worth it? Why didnt u just wait and pay about £5 and see it in a normal cinema, £45 difference.
  • Options
    But to know that you are pne of the first to see the film, is a brilliant feeling. True movie buffs would know what i am talking about.
  • Options
    But to know that you are pne of the first to see the film, is a brilliant feeling. True movie buffs would know what i am talking about.

And then.....everyone else has seen it and you are no longer special. I wouldn't pay £50 just to see a movie hundreds of over people are going to see a matter off days before them.
  • Options
    Does there be many celebs at the premiers?
  • Options
    i won't pay 50 quid, thats crap. u gonna see more then anyone else are you! just abit earlier.
  • Options
    I know, its a bit shit having to pay £50 just to see it a few days before the rest of the public see it, ill just stick to the normal cinema.
  • Options
    and at the end of the day who would pay 50 quid to see any Lord Of The Rings.....:p
  • Options
    Not fifty, but a fiver anyway:)
  • Options
    lol:lol: pack a' gimps:lol:
  • Options
    who payed 50 quid to watch a film? huh? lol he he he :p
  • Options
    i did, but then again im not normal!:lol:
  • Options
    No no u arent :lol:
  • Options
    EH HE HO!:lol::lol:
  • Options
    Re: Premiers

*cough* gimp, what a waste of money, you see the same thing as everyone else *cough*
  • Options
    but to be apart of a premier is just cool!
  • Options

Quite a waste of money, its the same film you see..
  • Options
    everyone doesnt get to be around people who stared in the film, there where a few at the Two Towers Irish premier.
  • Options

but you didnt go to the main premier of the lord of the rings, you didnt go to the one in LA or were ever it is, and you werent any more of an important part to teh movie than any normal viewer that saw the movie a few days after you.

basically you got scammed out of 50 euro or whatever it was.:D
  • Options
    no, silence, king theoden and eowyen where there. also a few of peter jacksons right hand men were there and they all sed a few words.
  • Options
    no, silence, king theoden and eowyen where there. also a few of peter jacksons right hand men were there and they all sed a few words.

so you actually saw the people who brought peter jacksons coffee to him, wow,:lol: what an honour. you must feel like a real part of lord of teh rings trilogy, they shoudl add your name to the credits, :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lazybstard
    so you actually saw the people who brought peter jacksons coffee to him, wow,:lol: what an honour. you must feel like a real part of lord of teh rings trilogy, they shoudl add your name to the credits, :lol:

:lol::lol:
    I wouldnt pay 50euro to see a film that would come out a few days later,end of it.
  • Options
    but to be talked 2 by persons who starred in the film is an honour, dont care what u say, it was well worth £50, for me it was.
  • Options
    but to be talked 2 by persons who starred in the film is an honour, dont care what u say, it was well worth £50, for me it was.

were you talked directly to or talked to as a crowd
  • Options
    we were talked 2 as a crowd. i know what ur gonna say, that it wasnt directly to me, but also i went to see the flim again the next nite in Belfast, and no body lafed at the funny bits. it was a different case in Dublin, ppl lafed at the funny bits sat it awe at the amazin bits, it wasnt like that in any of the other 14 showings of it i seen. The atmosphere was fuckin cla in the premiere, and shall be goin to the next one in December!:D
  • Options
    Will it be dearer or the same price? U know any websites about premier tickets?
  • Options
    no, i dont know any at all, i jst seen an article about thw Two Towers premiere on theonering.net and then clicked the link which brought me to the irish heart foundation's site, coz some of the proceedings wud go to this charity. i think got a fone number off this site and contacted them and got my tickets.:D
  • Options
    still, i would not pay 50 squid for a ticket. :no:
  • Options
    Me neither, if it was a bit cheaper like £20,£25 i would consider it but £50 :eek: :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Me neither, if it was a bit cheaper like £20,£25 i would consider it but £50 :eek: :eek:

even 20 quid for 2 or 3 days before everyone else is still a bit steep. :yes:
  • Options
    But as seven said about actors being there and able to watch it style, saying that though i wouldn't pay £50.