Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Used

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone ever went out and looked to get a new g/f or b/f just to pass te summer by, for something to do?

Comments

• Options
    Nah, don't intentionally look for a girlfriend - if one comes along, good. If one doesn't, it doesn't matter.
  • Options
    i did last summer, but i was only after bein dumped, so i was prob lookin for some1 to fill the gap, but i got over it, in a few days!:D :lol::lol:
  • Options
    I think that is a very immature thing to do to be honest. I might look for a relationship in order to have a good time but I would hope it would last longer than the summer.
  • Options
    it is immature, but after all, we are human, and we do get bored......
  • Options
    In March last year, I got together with one of my good mates - we'd been to primary school together, then gone to different secondary schools (and not seen each other for five years) then ended up at the same college. We got to being good mates (I had a bf for all of the first year of college), then decided we liked each other more than mates and got together.

It was always on the cards that he was going to go to uni and I wasn't, and, though it was never talked about, I thought we both understood that we would break up at the end of the summer when he went off to uni. Unfortunately, he seemed to be the only one who didn't know, and had it in his head that I wanted us to stay together, and dumped me (by txt msg, while he was drunk :rolleyes: ) on results day once he knew he was definitely going to uni! We bickered for weeks, then it dawned on me that he thought I wanted us to stay together - we talked about it and ended up getting back together for a few weeks, then he went off to uni, no hard feeling either way.

I've seen him occassionally during the holidays, and there is a chance we might get back together during the summer, til he going back to uni - I see nothing wrong with it, as long as you both know what the other wants and understand it's "only for the summer" :)
  • Options
    I wouldnt go out looking for a gf, just a girl in general-ie-one night stand but if a girlfriend comes along im not going to refuse her.
  • Options
    as you do Shogun:lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I think that is a very immature thing to do to be honest. I might look for a relationship in order to have a good time but I would hope it would last longer than the summer.

i agree with you bumblebee, you just dont go picking up someone just because your bored. if you go out with those intentions then your a dick in my book.
  • Options
    yer i look for ppl for the summer

yer i looked for a gf for this summer but i got rejected lol still on the look out :rolleyes:
  • Options
    lol! keep on the look out!:lol: