Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Keeping in touch

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm just about to leave school and it's strangely scary, I thought I'd just be happy about moving on to college and meeting new people. But one of my friends is really woried about losing contact with all his friends. And now he's got me worried.

It's only a few days until I officially leave my secondary school and I just thought I may never see some of my friends again as they're going to different colleges or off to work.

And hopefully the majority of my friends will be available to go on a day trip sometime in the summer.

But I was wondering if anyone had any advice on good ways to keep in touch with friends. I talk to some of them over the internet, but there are still many more that can't use the internet and I need some other ways of staying in contact with them.

Comments

• Options
    UM...letters, telephone, visiting them in their uni, them visiting you in yours, holidays...

I bet you'll make some great new friends at uni and then when half term comes around you'll be back in your home town with all your mates wondering how they grew up so fast!

Good mates will remain good mates however little you write, e-mail...and you'll have loads of new ones to do stuff with too!
  • Options
    one of my favourite ways of communication is msn but you can always phone, text, write letters, send emails etc all you need to do is ask whether they'd like to keep in contact with you and hey presto you will stay in communication with them
  • Options
    if all his mates use MSN, then he will have no trouble at all keepin in touch. i think it is the best way 2 keep in touch.
  • Options
    Make sure you seem enthusiastic about talking to them! If you haven't heard from them in ages, and you seem to not keep in touch as much as you used to when you first went separate ways, text/email them first, so you can't say you didn't make an effort.