Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Iran violates Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
IAEA Director General Mohamed ElBaradei's report said Iran had not met its obligations under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty because it failed to tell the IAEA about some sophisticated facilities.

There's only 100 radical Muslim clerics keeping the population from enjoy democratic values, (not including the French support of those clerics). It's time for the world to take action against Iran. The first step should be bombing their facilities. And other countries should join the US in supporting groups within Iran who want democracy.

Comments

• Options
    You seem to keep on spouting this statement about these 100 muslim clerics who are holding the rest of the country back, and that if they all suddenly died in a freak yachting acciedent then the rest of the people will suddenly be able to enjoy a democracy.

What a load of crap. For any totalitarian regiem to opperate it must have a far wider support base than 100 people. For a start it has the support of the police and armed forces, which seem to support the government.

That said I do hope that these student protests amount to something.

Also I'm pretty sure that I heard America broke the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty recently by developing Mini Nukes and by its continued development of the 'Son of Starwars' program.
  • Options
    Indeed, Washington has continued to actively pursue continued developments in our nuclear capability.

http://www.globaleduc.org/nukedis.htm

This is just one amongst the multitude of policy areas where the Bush camp think they can pontificate against other nations whilst ignoring treaties and international rules themselves. It's a classic case of "do as I say, not as I do" which frankly other nations arent going to listen to.

Such hypocrisy and double standard (paramount being any claim made by Bush or his cronies about bringing the rule of law to supposedly lawless nations, whilst demanding that the US itself be exempt from any prosecution for its own violations by the ICC) is only fueling greater global conflict. Seems we get to be above the law that we insist everyone else be subject to.

If it smells like Imperialism, and looks like Imperialism, must be Imperialism!
  • Options
    AS The 100 clerics have ties to the military...that's how they keep their power. And some people do support them. But the majority of the young don't.

Clandestine and AS I'm sure the US has abandoned that treaty. But the clerics support Hezbollah who worked with Al Qaeda in Africa last December and traded information/skills/knowledge. That's where my concern comes in regarding their nuclear capabilities...plus they've rejected random inspections by UN officials. That makes me feel they aren't being honest.

Concerns over Pakistan's rise in Islamic militancy are also worth the world focusing on. The Northwestern Frontier is being governed like the Taliban used to...complete with religious police.
  • Options
    :banghead: why don't you Americans just bomb every country with Muslims in it! Are you going to bomb Burnley next, because there are Muslims there? If you want to talk about religious extremists and lack of democracy look to your own country. The Christian right, with their links to the Bush administration are far more powerful a force in the world than any Muslim cleric. And if you want to deal with countries that have nuclear weapons and violate UN resolutions, why not start with Israel? In fact now I think of it, Britain has nuclear weapons and Muslims, are we next on your list?:nervous: :nervous:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Angelic*
    In fact now I think of it, Britain has nuclear weapons and Muslims, are we next on your list?:nervous: :nervous:

Probably not. I suspect that Bush wants support from Britain, Spain and Australia, so the media can report that it's a coalition effort when he decides to launch his next invasion, rather than a purely US one. A small difference, but a significant one from the spinners' point of view.

Besides, we're not trying to develop nuclear weapons; we already have some, and they can easily reach and annihilate any major American city. That makes a whole world of difference to whoever is deciding on what the next target should be.
  • Options
    Indeed, Washington has continued to actively pursue continued developments in our nuclear capability.

Clandestine, you consistently fail the logic test. You put America on an equal footing with Muslim terrorists. We're not.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Clandestine, you consistently fail the logic test. You put America on an equal footing with Muslim terrorists. We're not.

No you are not. You are worse!
  • Options
    LOL> pnj, before you have any credibility assessing anyone else's logic you need a substantially greater degree of education and insight into how the world works.

First off, you need to comprehend that every middle eastern issue and conflict doesn fall under the overused heading of "terrorism".

Secondly you need to learn that "terrorism" as used by the Bush camp and its media pundits is both continually misapplied as well as lacking any sufficient contextual grounding to prevent gullible and easily manipulated types like yourself from gaining a more well rounded picture of world events and their historic development.

You are partially correct that I do put Washington's actions on par with terrorism insofar as the financing and training of most of the current boogeymen can be directly linked to successive US administrations, the CIA and the Pentagon. Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, the Contras, and numerous lesser known insurgency movements in Latin America, Africa and the throughout Asia are the children of Washington's efforts to establish puppet regimes or overthrow regimes which have had the audacity to restrict our multinational corporate controls in their countries.

So long as these groups or leaders bow to our control not a word is spoken concerning their crimes against humanity, but go it alone or with some other country(ies) and the spin factory is geared up with horror stories for unquestioning minds like yours to soak up and get all uptight over.

Fact is, whether you want to hear it or not, our nation has more blood on its hands than any group or nation on the planet. You and the majority of the public back home are simply kept woefully ignorant of it all.

What makes you all the more pitiful is that despite repeated and extensive efforts and time devoted by a number of us here to provide you with greater insight, you willfully persist in believing only the sanitised spin and lies (even as they are being systematically exposed).
  • Options
    Any country run by Muslim extremists...especially ones that support terrorist organizations like Hezbollah...must be stopped.
  • Options
    And what about countries like Israel, whose bombardments of palestinian women and children go on daily without equal telvised coverage or villification on your tv screen such as are readily trumpeted when Hezbollah or Hamas retaliate for such attrocities in legitimate self defence?

No, I suppose your view of the situation has been so slanted by now you'd never admit that you'd fight back in the same way if your family had been living under illegal occupation and progressive impoverishment for more than 30 years.

What would your limited capacity for judging world events do if you were asked to factor in details of how Hamas was actually established, ecouraged and financed by Israel's Likhud Party in the first place. Originally intended to promote Palestinian nationalism as a bulwark against other more radical religiously inspired insurgency movements and to provide the necessary response to any aggression in Likhud's agenda of territorial expansionism which would allow Likhud to walk away from repeated peace initiatives on the grounds of security concerns and "under the table" supported "terrorism".

http://www.upi.com/print.cfm?StoryID=18062002-051845-8272r

Frankly pnj, what you know about Iran could fit in a thimble because thats as much info as Washington needs to manipulate your sentiments in the direction they want without any deeper critical analyses of the situation possible on your part.

If you think the protestors, for all their legitimate desire to institute reform in their country, want our forces to come sweeping in to dictate to them how they should run their country, you are as mistaken here again as it is increasingly apparent you have been all along about sentiments in Iraq.

Its obvious you are determined to rant on about issues of which you have the shallowest grasp, and that is one identifying trait of a fool.

Rant on silly clown.