Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Addictive personalities?

I know that I cant really trust myself if I have a lot of speed in the house and because of this I never do. Its just too nice to me. Yet some of my mates can have a few grams in the house that they dont touch.

Same with other things too, I know people who have had real problems with drink and coke who just couldnt trust themselves, yet most people I know dont really understand the point of coke.

And oddly I've had mates who've gone totaly over board on things that shouldnt be addictive in anyway, acid for example. Hmm doing 4 strong tabs in a club, that was a good idea. "I'm dead, arent I"

Is is a natural thing? A personality thing? What do you think?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    !!

i know if i had a g of coke in the house, or speed for that matter, there is no f'ing way it would stay there! Once i decided i would buy 10 pills, get them cheaper and use them over to consecutive weekends. took my 5 out with me on a friday, got home and started munching the rest... didnt sleep till the monday :p OOOPS!!!!
  • Options
    It depends on the person i think, if i had a certain amount of cannabis at home and if i had the chance i would smoke it of course but i know friends who can just leave it there for ages and smoke it whenever its a good time and not too often.

If you are in a good mood and uve got drugs at home you are going to use them.
  • Options
    If I have anything in the house i will do it. A few times I have done pills in the week and had to go to work the next day. Its pretty stupid really, but I suppose it would be the same if I had beer in the house all the time.

But I have found I have got better, now it tends to be if there is stuff lurking about, before I used to score during the week.
  • Options
    Def a personality thing, when i buy drugs, as soon as i get home/club/mates house theyll get done straight away. I never have drugs lying around.

My family has always said ive got an addictive personality, and i agree.
  • Options
    ive noticed summit like this, not trustin myself! i hate it

but i can remember in the beginnin where i cud leave anything and think ill enjoy that this weekend or next week for a certain party!

but ive been trustworthy 2day, im quittin smokin, cud of had a tab downstairs but neva, quittin alcohol for a gud while n i cudda bought some or used the rest downstairs and then theres cannabis, tryin to quit that the most but that is the hardest thing 4 me to deal with, ive been a mad man all day and i aint touched them and i aint gonna! but if there were some pills or whizz juss lyin on my table downstairs i mite as well, since i only do them on rare occasions and i aint lost the magic wif them like i have wif alcohol and cannabis!
  • Options
    My dads got an addictive personality-diagnosed with alcoholism, hes addictive when it comes ta sex and women in general, most other drugs, music, etc. Years on drugs as a young man made him AWESOME on guitar, though, (thru constant playing). :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by vorni
    My dads got an addictive personality-diagnosed with alcoholism, hes addictive when it comes ta sex and women in general, most other drugs, music, etc. Years on drugs as a young man made him AWESOME on guitar, though, (thru constant playing). :)

Do you have an addicitive personality though?
  • Options
    The annoying thing is that I used to be able to trust myself, even with speed, but then I bought 1/2oz during my early uni days, just for going out. Then it was for ever now and then, then it was for every day, then I made the mistake of buying an Oz.

I can trust myself with pills or mushies or whatever though.
  • Options
    I think the only drug i can trust myself with entirely is canna. And pills to a certain extent, like if i had to go to work the next day i wouldnt do them if i had them at home. So, i can say no to pills if i know i have other responsibilites. But, now i dont have a job im not too sure if id trust myself. I was going to do a couple last night out of boredom, but my sister gave me a slap and told me how stupid i was being.

I guess it all depends on what sort of person you are and how you view life. And also how you weigh up your responsibilities.
  • Options
    I think its not only not trusting yourself with the heavy chems I find I do serious self-medicating on occations, attempting to really medicate myself to the way I want to feel at the time. Rarely works though, unless you have a serious medicine cabinet.
  • Options
    I am the worst for persuading people to do drugs when they shouldnt (by people I mean my droppin mates)

Its surprising how easy people do fall tho, I can say it joking and then you can see peoples minds ticking.

Speed is a bad one tho if you have it in the day, I used to get into work and stick some straight into a hot chocolate and sit there and buzz the morning away. Then a few lines of charles for lunch and smoking at night to come back down again.

When you are doing it, you dont think anything of it. Even now I am thinking that a wee bit of speed would improve my day........man I have to stop coming in this forum.......I am corrupting myself

:crazyeyes
  • Options
    Just a little bump wouldnt hurt.
  • Options
    When i have any weed in the house, i usually just smoke it. Why the hell not?!:p
  • Options
    Why the hell not?!

Indeed :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    Do you have an addicitive personality though?

Its hard to tell from where Im standing, in some ways I do (eg drugs), others not so much. I think I can usualy limit myself though...
  • Options
    With puff I normaly could smoke during the day but never would because it makes me feel really lazy and I just end up sitting around watching 100 channels at once because there is nothing on TV.
  • Options
    Smoking during the day is great if u dont have anything to do that day and can just laze around eating and wathcing tv :) .
  • Options
    Even if I dont really have anything to do (which isnt often) I still feel lazy just watching TV all day, I like to be up and about, even if its only a little bit more effort, like reading.
  • Options
    Smokin in the morning is good! I smoked at 7.00am after a big party one night because i was enjoying the buzz and i didnt want it to leave! The best thing about it was i had to go to work and no one was up, the outdoors are excellent that time of the morning because eveything is quite and nature is at its best!:cool:
  • Options
    Yea its good to be doing something other than just lying around doin nothing, but sometimes it can be good...like now :p