Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Does anybody know..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
(Firstly.. i dont know if this is in the right forum - here or health, its sort of sexual health)

My mate takes pills when shes on holiday if shes due to be on so that her period is postponed til after shes back from holiday. Has anybody ever taken them? And can you take them if youre on a sort of contraception.. im due when im on holiday next month, and on dipo, the injection. Would it be safe to take those pills whilst on the jab?

I thought id ask here before making an appointment to see my doc about it.

Comments

• Options
    Well I'm just on the pill and if I wanted to stop my period I'd just have to take 2 packs in quick succession and not leave a break for my period. I'm pretty sure that's all these pills you're talking about are - probably low-dose contraceptive pills. I'm not sure if it would be wise to take them on top of depo - hormone overload! Speak to the doc though.

Doesn't depo stop your periods when it's active anyway? Or do you get them as usual?
  • Options
    Thx for replying!

Ive got 3 months to go till my period stops :(

Hmm.. i think i will have to ask my doc, just didnt want to waste her time, im sure other people have more important health questions that just not wanting to be on!

Unless anybody else knows?
  • Options
    Ask your GP :) They'll know best
  • Options
    I've taken these. They're called Norethisterone. Its progesterone which is the hormone that's also in your Depo Provera. You'll have to ask your doc I'm afraid. As they're the only person who could give them to you, you'd have to see them anyway. Have a great holiday :)