Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what can i do/say? (to help my Ex)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right the short of it is, i was seing my Ex hunny(BF) for a year n 9months, we broke up as we'd grown apart, we were very close, and still are good mates -ish!

And im now seeing and Very VERY happy with Stinger.
(love u hunny if u happen to read this)

We've been happy for the last 4 months and now my ex has called telling me he cant get over me, and he still loves me, i do have feelings for him, but i dont want him.He's my past nowand that i dont want him as my bf-plus im too happy-. I have told him this and ive told him i'll help him find someone else, to make him get over me but i dont think he'll let go... and i have no clue what to say or do to help him. My ex is really depressed and im not sure if to leave him alone - but he could get worse, or try n help him, but been around me could make him worse.

anyone - can you help me? im confuesed??????

kitten xxxxx

Comments

• Options
    Oooh, ive been in your ex's position, and my ex tried everything to help me through it, everything.. even being a cunt for a while so that i would hate him! i still wanted him and missed him, and there really is nothing u can do (that i can think of at least) its the sort of thing he has to get himself through. Maybe seeing less of him may help. That helped me a bit. But its likely he will feel like this until he decides hes ready, and realises it really is over, maybe when he meets another girl and falls in love again.

Its just going to take him time :(
  • Options
    :) thanx lil minx
    i'm worried about him still, but thanx for your advice:), think i'll leave him and not see him for a while, a tex now and again, that will be it.

kitten xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hes an ex for a reason. Thas the best i can say.
    He's going to continue being hung up on you whilst you remain friends with him. The need for a little less contact is great as he'll never learn to move on otherwise, thinking you are always there. Whats that saying? "Out of sight, out of mind"
    p.s. i can relate, i know what you're going through.
  • Options
    Its hard to move on when you're still friends. My ex wanted to be friend but he'd broken my heart so I avoided him as it hurt to see him. Now, a year on, we never speak. No contact is the best, and only, way to move on. I've since met someone fantastic but never would have if I was still hanging round my ex. You have to be cruel to be kind and stop seeing him or speaking to him. Sounds harsh but life is tough sometimes!
  • Options
    thanx for this advise, its nice in a way to know im not alone on this one....

i have kept out of his way but he texed me the other sat night-drunk- saying somethings about looking at the stars-thinking of angels... i told him the next day to leave me be, and as yet, all ive had is 1 tex saying he he hopes that i'll be better soon, and that he'll keep his distance.
    just didnt wanna lose him out my life, and plus he's in my group of friends so is my current bf- they no each other.... its hard for me TO escape. tho not in the same town so he doesnt see me at all now...hmmmm only time shall tell...!

kitty xxxx