Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Britian calls for blockade of N. Korea.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is this a good idea? Here's part of an article in case you didn't read about it.

SEOUL, South Korea -- Britain has called on the international community to isolate North Korea, on the same day the communist country's state-run media said for the first time a nuclear program was in place.

British Defence Secretary Geoff Hoon on Wednesday said ships and aircraft suspected of delivering materials for use in weapons of mass destruction should be intercepted.

The blockade, which Hoon envisaged would involve a coalition of 11 countries, should also be extended to vessels and aircraft suspected of carrying contraband such as drugs that could help finance North Korea's nuclear ambitions, he said.

Comments

• Options
    Why should anyone forcibly stop a sovereign nation from acquiring nuclear weapons?

Moreover, what or who would be the reason why countries all over the world suddenly feel the need to acquire nuclear weapons?
  • Options
    Stupid stupid stupid...

So many tired cliches apply to this situation..

Flies, honey and vinegar..Dont back a wounded animal into a corner..

It seems the US, and us now, want to push NK into war.
  • Options
    And if that happens I get the feeling NK might have WMDs to show for, and would not hesitate to use them.

That's actually the only thing that might prevent a war from happening into the first place. One thing is rolling over the desert against a piss-poor, ill-equipped army and another facing having one's arse kicked. The US and Britain would be very foolish to attempt anything against NK.
  • Options
    Why should anyone forcibly stop a sovereign nation from acquiring nuclear weapons?

I truly hope you're on something.
  • Options
    Oh.. you mean that the USA or Britain (combined arsenal of up to 10,000 warheads, thousands of ICBMs and other delivery systems, thousands of tonnes of still undestroyed chemical and biological weapons) have a right to tell other nations they cannot have their own bomb?

And why would that be?
  • Options
    Al, why do you keep inviting the boy to simply regurgitate the mantra he's been programmed by Washington to chant ad infitinum in response to such a question?

You know he refuses to dig under deeply into the hypocrisies to see what the real agenda(s) at work are. So what's the point?
  • Options
    And why would that be?

For the facts you just wrote. :naughty:

AAAAAaaaaand because Britian and the US are morally superior. :yes:
  • Options
    morally superior

Utter rubbish!

You are in dire need of experiencing the wider world abroad little man!
  • Options
    But, when I'm not posting, you guyz miss me.
    Admit it.:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet

No we can have proper discussions and debates with out your ill informed brainwashed nonsense!
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    i miss you. i tell my friends that the president of the usa talks to me in here. i know your him.
  • Options
    Imagine it was the president, what would u say to him?

It does seem like the UK want to force NK into war..it wouldn't be as easy a war as against Iraq.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    Imagine it was the president, what would u say to him?

It does seem like the UK want to force NK into war..it wouldn't be as easy a war as against Iraq.
    My imagination doesn't stretch as far as G. W. Bush posting in an internet forum. As far as I'm aware illiterate chimps cannot write, let alone type.

But yes, it seems that the self-rightousness of Anthony Blair PM and his government has gotten into their heads... Mind you, I very much doubt the British or the Americans are really going to risk invading a country with capability of kicking their arses, at least in home soil. It's all very good and brave carpet-bombing a few thousand ill-equipped poor souls and rolling over them in the desert... this wouldn't be quite the same.

Anyways, off on holiday for a week so I'll see you all next Thursday.
  • Options
    Cya Al! Have a great holiday!